Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scope repair

Options
  • 08-01-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

bought a 2nd hand scope and you get what you pay for, in my case it was sold as seen. scope looked good, no marks on it, but the windage and evelation only move part of the way and i can not get zero, do you know of any optic doctors,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Sorry to hear about your troubles. There's always a $cumbag seller out there.

What brand is it? I love Burris scopes. They offer a lifetime warranty for problems even if you are not the original owner.

Sorry to say that actually fixing a scope will probably be more expensive than buying a new one.

Check out Burris' scopes, they are a great value. Also, check out Redfield scopes - they are inexpensive and owned by Leupold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

FISMA wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. There's always a $cumbag seller out there.

What brand is it? I love Burris scopes. They offer a lifetime warranty for problems even if you are not the original owner.

Sorry to say that actually fixing a scope will probably be more expensive than buying a new one.

Check out Burris' scopes, they are a great value. Also, check out Redfield scopes - they are inexpensive and owned by Leupold.

What is this about "Scumgag seller":( He said he got what he paid for, Sold as seen, as he said himself. Unfortunate though it may be, lets hope we can sort it.

$cumbag seller = person who knowingly sells a scope that won't zero.

jmcp - did the seller advise that the scope would not zero?

deerhunter - jmcp used the old adage - "you get what you paid for." jmcp, correct me if I am wrong, is not saying that this was disclosed.

What good is a scope that will not zero? Anyone that sells a scope that will not zero without disclosing the problem is a $cumbag seller, unless selling for parts only.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jmcp

the scope is a besonder, and i bought it, as in good condition,however what's done is done and all I can do is try to get it repaired. if nobody in Ireland can do it i will try england.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

jmcp wrote: »
    the scope is a besonder, and i bought it, as in good condition,however what's done is done and all I can do is try to get it repaired. if nobody in Ireland can do it i will try england.

yea ,them besonder scopes are absolute ****e
    there only fit for airsoft
    id throw it in the bin or else sell it onto a lad using it for airsoft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Did you make contact with seller, did you buy it through here or another forum.

Jmcp,
    If you cannot dispute the charge with a card, payPal, or whatever, then you should just probably forget repair. For the cost of shipping and even inspection, you could have a Tasco.

Tasco's are not great, but I have a few. They are fine when funds are a major consideration.

There are some great scopes that are not too pricey. Go to ebay.ie and search on Redfield + scope. Redfields are great scopes - made under Leupold. People in the states covet the old ones, they were fantastic.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-REDFIELD-REVOLUTION-3-9X40-4-PLEX-ILLUM-RIFLE-SCOPE-/150536833640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230cb1ca68

I bought this scope through an add on gumtree. all tha reviews I read on these scopes were good. I never contacted the seller about it, as the saying goes "take it on the chin and go on".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Where are you from ??

I know a guy in cork who repairs them. just off the phone with him he said that depeding on the make/model it may be possible to dissassemble the scope turrets and see whats wrong at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

bought a 2nd hand scope and you get what you pay for, in my case it was sold as seen. scope looked good, no marks on it, but the windage and evelation only move part of the way and i can not get zero, do you know of any optic doctors,

Put it this way, if you bought it for less than what registered post to and from a repair place is going to cost you dump it. There's plenty of decent enough stuff out there that doesn't cost the earth brand new. The likes of NikkoSterling, entry level Bushnells, Hawke, the higher end Tasco's etc spring to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

There was one on gumtree advertised fo 30 i think it was but it was advertised as an airsoft scope
    Is it the same one?

thanks lads for your concern, I have sent it of to paul burke in birmingham, by special post £6, and by talking him through the problem he says it should not take a lot to fix it, but will know better when he see it. the good side to this is that i have learnt how they work, and how the reticle is inside the extractor tube, and the tube is moved about. my problem it seems, is caused by tighting the adjustment to tight.

the scope in gumtree was not the airsoft one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mikey923

Sorry, just reading through threads..

Can you pm me the guy who fixes scopes in cork phone number ?
    I bought a scope on the cheap off eBay and the crosshairs split. Do you think there's anything he can do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Mikey923 wrote: »
    Sorry, just reading through threads..

Can you pm me the guy who fixes scopes in cork phone number ?
    I bought a scope on the cheap off eBay and the crosshairs split. Do you think there's anything he can do ?

PM me with details of scope and ill ask him.

Advertisement