Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CAGE CONTENDER IX : BELFAST : 30 APRIL 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

kid chaos wrote: »
    Ive been out of my fight due to injury for 2 weeks now.

Update the fight card!!

Kal_El wrote: »
    lol!
    Its all about ruthless promoting Joe. If nobody knows that the top fights are off fingers crossed people will still buy tickets and thats the only thing that matters eh? lol;)

The same was done with 4 man tournament and the Title fight in Dublin last time.

Does not announce when they pull out as there tickets sellers/ it is a disgrace and ruthless is one way of putting it.

Us MMA fans deserve better so I'm voting with my feet this time and not going but will hope to go in future if this stuff ceases which i doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Stevie McCombe has had to pull out due to injury. We hope to have him on a CC event in the near future.

155985.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

There's a typo in Field's name in that poster, John!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Richy06 wrote: »
    There's a typo in Field's name in that poster, John!

And Artem Lobov's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Kal_El

190lbs Catchweight

Chris "The Killing" Fields (SBGi) v Lee Chadwick (Kaobon)

Good fight here. Chadwick blows hot and cold at times i seen Ronan McKay triangle him last year and then the next time i seen him he nearly took Cathal Pendrids head off. I wonder what Chadwick will turn up on the night? Thought you would have put one like this on in Dublin since neither of the guys are from Belfast. Why is it at 190lbs tho? Can someone not make the weight or does Chris not want to risk his title against Chadwick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

or does Chris not want to risk his title against Chadwick?

Against strong opposition, this wins my vote for idiotic comment of the year.

EnjoyChoke wrote: »
    Against strong opposition, this wins my vote for idiotic comment of the year.

So you think that this fight is at 190lbs cos Chris downt want to defend against strong opposition? Is that what you mean?

And thanks for your Vote. Maybe ill win a Prize at this years MMA Awards!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

So you think that this fight is at 190lbs cos Chris downt want to defend against strong opposition? Is that what you mean?

I'm sorry, I have no idea what your trying to say.

EnjoyChoke wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I have no idea what your trying to say.

Im not trying to say anything. It was a simple enough question. Your answer didnt make any sense to me. Is the fight at 190 cos someone cant make weight or is it cos Chris dosnt want to risk his title?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Good fight here. Chadwick blows hot and cold at times i seen Ronan McKay triangle him last year and then the next time i seen him he nearly took Cathal Pendrids head off. I wonder what Chadwick will turn up on the night? Thought you would have put one like this on in Dublin since neither of the guys are from Belfast. Why is it at 190lbs tho? Can someone not make the weight or does Chris not want to risk his title against Chadwick?

I believe John Redmond is next in line for the middleweight title since he couldn't fight Shields at CC8. This fight is taken on short notice so maybe one of the fighters can't make 185lbs in the time given and they agreed to a catchweight.

The fightcard looks great. Are they all pro fights? It's a perfect number of fights too, lets hope there are no more injuries.

So you think that this fight is at 190lbs cos Chris downt want to defend against strong opposition?

Fields v Chadwick was only arranged last minute. The weight was requested by the Chadwick camp and SBG agreed. It would never have been a title fight because John Redmond is next in line

And thanks for your Vote. Maybe ill win a Prize at this years MMA Awards!:)
    lol Stranger things have happened :D

Fields v Chadwick was only arranged last minute. The weight was requested by the Chadwick camp and SBG agreed. It would never have been a title fight because John Redmond is next in line

Thanks MR Ferguson. That wasnt too hard. Ask a question get an answer. I really dont know why people can get so arsey about things on this forum.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I wouldnt say he blows hot and cold. From what Ive seen of Chadwick he rarely goes into fights with much of a gameplan. Hence why Ronan was able to impose his ground game so easily. He prefers to just go in and fight and is a very powerful striker as seen against pendred.
    Pretty much Ronan went in and imposed his game, Cathal didnt (unless his gameplan was to stand with chadwick but I doubt it)
    Id prefer to see this fight after both guys have put in a proper training camp but should be exciting either way.

I wouldnt say he blows hot and cold. From what Ive seen of Chadwick he rarely goes into fights with much of a gameplan. Hence why Ronan was able to impose his ground game so easily. He prefers to just go in and fight and is a very powerful striker as seen against pendred.
    Pretty much Ronan went in and imposed his game, Cathal didnt (unless his gameplan was to stand with chadwick but I doubt it)
    Id prefer to see this fight after both guys have put in a proper training camp but should be exciting either way.

Agreed. If Chris goes in and takes the fight to the ground or is even taken down by Chadwick i feel his jitz is good enough to sub him from either top or bottom. If he thinks he can stand and trade he could be in for a short evening.

Agreed. If Chris goes in and takes the fight to the ground or is even taken down by Chadwick i feel his jitz is good enough to sub him from either top or bottom. If he thinks he can stand and trade he could be in for a short evening.

Good point Kal, it seems to be exactly what people were saying in the run up to Fields v Tony Moran, which was a great scrap in the end

Good point Kal,

AWWWW thanks Mr Ferguson.:P

I dont care what people say about you, your alright.:pac:

AWWWW thanks Mr Ferguson.:P

I dont care what people say about you, your alright.:pac:

Lol yeah, yeah, yeah!!! I reckon the rest of them are totally correct :D

Guys just to let you know that EVERY PENNY including ALL advertising revenue from programs sold at CC9 will be donated to Transplant Sport UK.

We have teamed up with boxer Brian Magee's company MYFitness to raise money for this great cause. The MYF guys are running the Belfast Marathon for the appeal so to lend some support Cage Contender are Giving £5 from every ticket purchased using the "TSUKCC" code (can be done on Ticketmaster etc), plus all programme income.

The programs will be an A5 booklet which will include fight card, interviews, profiles etc. They will be priced at £5

We have got a lot of press this week for the effort and hope to raise a decent sum for the charity. The coverage has also given great positive spin to MMA, showing that it's much more than T shirt wearing skinheads with loads of tats engaging in human cock-fighting. We have had coverage on BBC, ITV other Digital channels plus most of the national papers in NI have covered it.

Anyone who still needs tickets contact me with the code and help raise more!!

I have attached the article written by the Daily Mirror so you know what i'm babbling on about

CC9-TSUK-MIRROR.docx

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Caolin Shivers (S.I) v Alan Cocoran (Kokoro)

LIGHTWEIGHT
    (Kyuzo Gym)

I feel sorry for Mr Shivers here as Alan is unbeaten and has plenty of training behind him

Who's Kyuzo gym? new or moved over from other art?

I feel sorry for Mr Shivers here as Alan is unbeaten and has plenty of training behind him

Who's Kyuzo gym? new or moved over from other art?

Caolin has has a few decent wins of late too, this is one of the fights I'm most looking forward to :)

Kyuzo Gym is Barry Oglesby's new gym (Beside Woodies DIY in Glasnevin)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Menace2Society

Yo John, one small typo. Chadwick is no longer part of Team Kaobon & hasn't been for quite some while now. He is an independant fighter. Just thougt you should know!

Just want to say a massive thanks to Tony Carrick from Lucan!! He has came up with a last minute replacement at Bantamweight!!

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

Arnaud Dos Santos (Frames Tai Jutsu) v Blaine O Driscoll (Lucan MMA)

That could make a headline or three is played right :D "Dos Santos v O Driscoll at Cage Contender" lol

But on a serious note thanks again to Tony and Blaine for stepping up!!

And time is running out to get tickets guys!! If any clubs are coming up who need batches of tickets get in touch asap

• Advertisement

CC9 Weigh In
    Balmoral Hotel
    Blacks Rd
    Belfast

15:00 Friday 29th April

Official Scales will open at 1pm for fighters to check weight, and if needed then adjust. Remember Cage Contender do not give weight allowance 135lbs means 135lbs.

All fighters should be at the weigh in station before 14:45 to ensure we are ready to start on time.

There will be a press conference straight after the fighters weigh in which will be televised. So if you fans have any questions that you would like to ask the fighters (Rooney/Connor/Lapenas/Erenberg) pm me and we will try to put the questions to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hope there's a working airhorn this time :)

oh and speaking of horns i hope the dancing ladies will be back too!

FINAL FIGHT CARD

BANTAMWEIGHT
    Damien "The Rage" Rooney (F.A.I) v Mark Connor (Dinky Ninjas)

CAGE CONTENDER LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
    Marius "Pit Bull" Lapenas (Lucan) v Vilmar "The Animal" Erenberg (Husaria)

190lbs Catchweight
    Chris "The Killing" Fields (SBGi) v Lee Chadwick (Kaobon)

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Alan Duffy (SBGi) v Dec "The Bandit" Larkin

FEATHERWEIGHT
    Levi Kehoe (SBGi) v Milan Kovic (Dog Pound)

BANTAMWEIGHT
    Arnaud Dos Santos (Frames Tai Jitsu) v Blaine O Driscoll (Lucan MMA)

HEAVYWEIGHT
    Karl Moore (F.A.I) v Janek pinczura (Stefi Walki Ireland)

WELTERWEIGHT
    Kieran Davern (Tuatha De Dannan) v Mathew Mullan (Dog Pound)

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Caolin Shivers (S.I) v Alan Cocoran (Kokoro)

CANCELLED FIGHT
    LIGHTWEIGHT
    Anesh Bugwandeen (Kyuzo Gym) v Nathan McMullan (Devils Fight Team)
    Reason: McMullan missed weight by 7.9Lbs (3.6kgs)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Missing weight by 3.6kg.....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

That's ridiculous.

Might be a personal question John but will Anesh been given a purse of any kind. I don't think irish MMA is at a stage where a guy who I'm guessing is a student can pay for training up to a fight then his fight is called off and he gets nothing. Not even beating up a guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Sorry if this is somewhere just can't see, what time is first fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

Half 6. Thats what tickets says. I will be there anyway

Sooooo I'm here 18:56 and no fights why lie on tickets like?! So cheesed:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

$ausage$ wrote: »
    Sooooo I'm here 18:56 and no fights why lie on tickets like?! So cheesed:mad:

fights generally don't start for a hour - hour and a half after doors open - soak in the atmosphere and enjoy (your not working after all) :D

Cocoran win by trangle first round. Cavern win too second round after mullen penalised for rabbet punch on ground I'n first.

Moore ko first round janeck bit green for my liking

15 min break then dos santos decision

Levi kehoe win decision all 3 rounds 30-27 30-28 29-28

Anyone reading these?

Larkin win kneebar or toe hold have to wait for official result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

yes :cool: thanks for updates, was alan corcoran impressive in his win ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

oh yes - keep 'em coming $ausage$ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

Thanks for the updates $ausage$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Yeah man, keep em coming! :-)

Thanks men's alot! Another break!!! Cocoran was as impressive as u can be with a 2 min triangle to be honest I will stick up a full review tomorrow but it's restarting now!

Ps poor crowd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Kieran Davern won too I heard - TKO round 2.

EDIT: Missed it at the top of the page.:pac:

Sorry thought I said that. Fields won 4m 35sec round 3 tko

Win lapenas by choke light heavy weight champ 3:27!

Main event! Rumor has it here Connor has found it hard to make weight like 6pm hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

$ausage$ wrote: »
    Main event! Rumor has it here Connor has found it hard to make weight like 6pm hard!

Whats that mean?

im reading that Rumour has it connor missed weight!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

Oh he'll no! Not that just he must have been 1 or 2 over but made it fight just started

Advertisement