Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social outlet in waterford that doesnt involve drinking

• 08-01-2011 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if there are any good social outlets in waterford where I can meet people in their late 20's early 30's that isnt entirely focused on drinking? I dont mind the odd social gathering in the pub but im looking for more healthy passtimes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We have a cinema club running through boards that we organise a night every month (it's been a bit longer this time since Christmas) which is always a good laugh and we have about 6/7 people so far that try and make it.

I might even start a new thread tonight so if ya fancy it come along. Everyone who goes was first introduced through boards (bar one or two) so you wouldn't be odd one out or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Thanks I may check it out some night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭C_Dawg

I was wondering if there are any good social outlets in waterford where I can meet people in their late 20's early 30's that isnt entirely focused on drinking? I dont mind the odd social gathering in the pub but im looking for more healthy passtimes.

Would love to find some social outlets that aren't 100% centred on drinking too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

You could try Waterford Muay Thai club out in the Lacken Business Park. Most of the lads would be between 20-30 and is good craic and get healthy aswell. They train every day bar Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

What about a book club?i'm in a similar boat but my prob is im not interested in sports or anything involving training. I did join the boys for there first cinema night (couldnt for second one as was on honeymoon) and i will attend again but at the mo i was involved in a book club for two years where each month we'd read a book and then meet in each others houses to discuss.now twas nothing heavy like it was just a really nice way of meeting ppl and the book was just the common thing that got us all into the same room.

• Advertisement

^ Thats a great idea, unforunately the only thing I read is boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Waterford City Council Library Services

We run about 7 Book Clubs through our three library branches in Waterford City- they're a great way to meet people and work towards expanding your reading and discursive skills. Call into us or give us a call on 051 849975 to find out how to join a club or start your own! We frequently run reading & local history themed events also which are always free- we advertise these through our facebook and also through our e-newsletter (signup by mailing lboyle@waterfordcity.ie).

Alternatively, Toastmasters are a really good way to meet people and improve your confidence & public speaking skills along the way! Think the Waterford club meets in the Tower. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 wellbutty2011

how about dodgeball?? Starting up a league if you were interested of putting together a team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

ziedth wrote: »
    We have a cinema club running through boards that we organise a night every month (it's been a bit longer this time since Christmas) which is always a good laugh and we have about 6/7 people so far that try and make it.

I might even start a new thread tonight so if ya fancy it come along. Everyone who goes was first introduced through boards (bar one or two) so you wouldn't be odd one out or anything.

Does your Cinema club only meet up on week nights?

Usually, but to be honest we just kinda pick a night that suits the majority. I always kinda assumed that people would have plans on a Sat (as I often do) but if a Friday or Sunday mean't that you'd come down and it suited the lads I couldn't see a problem. Post over in the Cinema thread (it's towards the bottom of the first page) if ya want k? It's usually a good laugh and we tend to go next door to Grimes for a chat after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 shadowman.ie

I too would be interested in this. Have moved to waterford recently. Not the sportiest of people so something involving film/music, reading or tech. Have posted on cinema club thread so I'll try that.

Advertisement