Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with xbox live

• 08-01-2011 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

is any one out there also suffering with xbox live at the mo.... when i turn on my box it connects automatically... i then load C.o.D.... get a game.. and then it pauses the game... says its trying to find a new game host.... then it will feck me of the server/ or say that the call of duty server is not available.... and then it will disconnect from x box live........ and wont let me log on again... yet when i test my connection it does what its suppossed to do nearly straight away.... and says my connection is good... i'm at a loss... any help would be grateful....:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

is it happening with any other games or just COD

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭andyone

ha ha you mean there are other games worth playing, other than call of duty.... i will try other games tonight... but i did try modern warfare 2 and black ops.... same **** different games:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I am also having this problem as of last night.

Its only COD for some reason, was playing FIFA and NFS Hot Pursuit with no problems. I get in to a game of COD, no lag whatsoever, and infact the 3 games I got into last night I was kicking ass then out of nowhere I get "Connection Interrupted" and it lags for a few seconds before kicking me out, it then says "Cannot connect to Black Ops server" and then I get disconnected from Xbox Live.

its unfortunate that you are all having these issues mickyT.... i'm feckin sick of it... i then went on line and there is absolutly nothing wrong with the black ops servers..... i sent an email to xbox support,,, and am waiting for a reply. why should i have to pay for xbox live when i can't use the damn thing......:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

andyone wrote: »
    its unfortunate that you are all having these issues mickyT.... i'm feckin sick of it... i then went on line and there is absolutly nothing wrong with the black ops servers..... i sent an email to xbox support,,, and am waiting for a reply. why should i have to pay for xbox live when i can't use the damn thing......:mad::mad::mad:

Dont email Xbox, they have nothing to do with the running of the Black Ops servers. Contact Activision

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/atvi_contact_uk.php

I assume you have tried all the usual stuff. Opened ports etc?

• Advertisement

Ports opened, firewall disabled. Im connected via ethernet using homeplugs so im not on wireless. No other computers or anything on the line. My internet on the laptop is 100% fine, my connection when playing other games is fine. But when I go on Black Ops, every single game, I have 0 lag for the first 3-6 mins then out of nowhere I get "Connection Interrupted" and get kicked back to the lobby, if I leave the game myself I dont get disconnected from Live.

Its so wierd, ive never had this problem untill last night. I have absolutely no idea what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Doubt this is it but have you tried to go into a lobby of a different gametype? Try that and see if it works. :D (Highly doubtful but worth a shot!)

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Doubt this is it but have you tried to go into a lobby of a different gametype? Try that and see if it works. :D (Highly doubtful but worth a shot!)

Decent suggestion because as it happens ive only started playing Mercenary TDM (having perviously played TDM and Domination) yesterday and that is where the problems started. Never thought of that. Could that really be it though? Im not allowed to play Mercenary TDM???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Decent suggestion because as it happens ive only started playing Mercenary TDM (having perviously played TDM and Domination) yesterday and that is where the problems started. Never thought of that. Could that really be it though? Im not allowed to play Mercenary TDM???

I really doubt that's what the problem is but you might aswell give it ago and try it! :D I guess they're just stopping you from becomming un-sociable by playing Mercenary on your own! Ha ha! :D

Could it be that update that was rolled out a few days ago? (Week or so.)

i agree that activision could be at fault... but when i check the call of duty web site, it says all is fine.... and then wouldn't lots of people be having the same problem.. i get the impression thst its just an excuse that is being spat out at me... as for open ports... my internet comes into the house and goes direct to a modem and then directly to the xbox...(no router).... when i manually configure my network settings as to get my NAT settings to open... the **** hits the fan... and i might be lucky and get a game.... it takes forever to find one... and most of the time i will get kicked of live before it even does that.... if i let the xbox configuer its own settings auotmatically my NAT settings are strict and i have problems with my party chat.... and could be lucky enough to get a game or two...
    having said all that i was on last night.... playing TDM with an open NAT. but couldn't join a chat or join a game in progress when one of my friends came on.... i then set the connections settings to automatic thus giving me a strictNAT and i was able go join my friend and chat to him... although i got kicked from chat a couple of times.. roll on tonight and i'll try the madness again maybe i'll be lucky...:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement