Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Solicitors and Surveyors

Options
  • 08-01-2011 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm looking to buy a property in Dublin within the next few months and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good solicitor and/or surveyor for a reasonable price.

Also, what is the average I can expect to pay for such services?

Thanks!

-Bel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dubnozzle

Just got two surveyors to do a pre-purchase survey on a 50sqm terraced house, one charged EUR 360, the other EUR 320. PM me for details of these and a good solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 swim4fun

We recently bought a 3 bed property in Castle Riada, we got a survey done beforehand.
    The survey covered everything and the guy met us after to go through the report in detail, the cost of the survey was €325. It was really worthwhile. I can pm the company details if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pranal

swim4fun wrote: »
    We recently bought a 3 bed property in Castle Riada, we got a survey done beforehand.
    The survey covered everything and the guy met us after to go through the report in detail, the cost of the survey was €325. It was really worthwhile. I can pm the company details if required.

Hi There,

I saw your post on boards.ie. Just wondering if you can kindly recommend both surveyor & solicitor who do not cost fortune.

Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Hi I got a surveyor to survey a 5 bed house I'm buying for €250 - got an extremely detailed report from him within 24 hours.

Also got a great solicitor in Dublin city centre for €1700. Pm me for details

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

PM me for solicitor recommendation we used last yr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jojomac78

Hi there,

Could you PM me the name of your property surveyor???

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 32,796 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would love some recommendations of Solicitors and Surveyors also if you wouldnt mind?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jbloggs18

Hi All

We have just made an offer on a house near Duncormick which has been accepted. We now need to get a structural surveyor to get an opinion before we sign any contracts. Since this is our first purchase I wonder if someone could help us with some information.

1. Any recommendations for a building structural surveyor and eventually a solicitor for the Duncormick area (I guess would have to be a PM)

2. What exactly will the surveyor look at? How detailed will his report be? What sort of costs are we looking at?

3. Are there different levels of examination by the structural surveyor or is it a standard one -I guess what I'm trying to find out is whether we need to specifically say "please look at this, and that, and the other" or whether we just ask for a survey of the building and they look at all the structural aspects of the building.

4. Would the septic tank be something they would look at in passing or is that a separate issue totally?

I may have more questions later when I do a bit more reading up.

Thanks for all help/advice.

Kind regards

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

jbloggs18 wrote: »
    Hi All

We have just made an offer on a house near Duncormick which has been accepted. We now need to get a structural surveyor to get an opinion before we sign any contracts. Since this is our first purchase I wonder if someone could help us with some information.

1. Any recommendations for a building structural surveyor and eventually a solicitor for the Duncormick area (I guess would have to be a PM)

2. What exactly will the surveyor look at? How detailed will his report be? What sort of costs are we looking at?

3. Are there different levels of examination by the structural surveyor or is it a standard one -I guess what I'm trying to find out is whether we need to specifically say "please look at this, and that, and the other" or whether we just ask for a survey of the building and they look at all the structural aspects of the building.

4. Would the septic tank be something they would look at in passing or is that a separate issue totally?

I may have more questions later when I do a bit more reading up.

Thanks for all help/advice.

Kind regards

Hi,
    I'll P/m you a sample report so you can see the type of data and things that are looked at.
    R/e the cost - further detail of the home would be required, age, size, location - and a few other bits.
    Septic tank would be visually inspected and commented upon, however meeting the new guidelines will need assessment down the line.
    Rdgs,
    mike f

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jbloggs18

Hi,
    I'll P/m you a sample report so you can see the type of data and things that are looked at.
    R/e the cost - further detail of the home would be required, age, size, location - and a few other bits.
    Septic tank would be visually inspected and commented upon, however meeting the new guidelines will need assessment down the line.
    Rdgs,
    mike f
    Many thanks for your reply. The house is by the coast and is quite exposed. It is an old building with a newer extension. The newer extension has a few cracks near windows etc. The main building too appears to have a few shallow cracks. We are unsure whether these are just due to frost or more sinister.

Run off from the roof too needs to be checked as it seems to go too close to the outside foundations. These may be minor issues but we'd like a reliable surveyor to examine and indicate what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,796 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Belnavar wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a property in Dublin within the next few months and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good solicitor and/or surveyor for a reasonable price.

Also, what is the average I can expect to pay for such services?

Thanks!

-Bel
    I would appreciate any recommendations also (house in D8)

Advertisement