Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

anti-skid service required volvo s40

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clancyk

I have been having the "Anti Skid Service Required" issue with my Volvo S40 for the past Six months now.. It's even getting to the stage where all dash display and dials will suddenly shutdown even whilst driving! I would be very interested in hearing how I can get Volvo to cover this for me. Could you PM me please and let me know the best approach to take when making an enquiry with Volvo on the issue, Thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

cinders44 wrote: »
    your problem is your alternator there is a label on it which is white if it is brown your alternator has shorted out it flattens your battery also your power steering is electric powered alternator should cost £117 plus vat if you are mechanical minded you can fit it in hour and a half take bolts out of air con compressor just the 4 bolts dont loosen pipes let it hang on them you get at the rear bolts on alternator only loosen rear two as there are tapered inserts remove front bolts alternator goes down to remove it remember to remove electrical conections
    i think hes fixed it after a year;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement