Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bath Tub - Reasonably priced but GOOD QUALITY

Options
  • 08-01-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, hopefully somebody may be able to assist in pointing me in the diection of a reasonably priced but more importantly good quality bath tub...not one that'll crack within a few weeks of putting it in as they so often do:mad:. It is a pretty standard 1700 one Im after, nothing at all fancy, to accomodate the taps and waste at the narrow side as you would generally expect.

I was in B&Q today and told them my predicament and she suggested a steel bath tub. She had one for €114 with 15% off at the moment, so that would work out at under €100. Fair enough on the price, don't think I'd do much better than that but thought it looked a bit industrial or something...Anyone have a steel bath and are they happy with it and the look of it?...Does the enamel flake off on them or do they discolour badly or anything like that? Anyone came across a good quality acrylic bath lately thats reasonably priced and won't crack in a hurry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I should actually add Im in County Limerick and popping up to Dublin for it is a no no! Also anyone actually know where a cast iron bath could be re-enamelled for a reasonable price? When I was doing up the bathroom I took out the cast iron bath and its still out in the shed. There is actually no comparison between acrylic bath and cast iron bath, but cast iron bath is badly discoloured and needs renamelling, where tap drips down its down to the iron. Rang a few from yellow pages at the time but best quote I fot was something like €950 to re-enamel, so just went with acrylic bath in the end.

Advertisement