Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R8 Blaser

Options
  • 08-01-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all, just a quick question, I am in the process of selling my .270 Tikka and hanging up my gear for a few months as I am away with work till next shooting season, looking to treat myself (quiet, dont tell the wife) to a new Blaser R8 .270, this will be on the long finger but want to start the process, how can I get one into the country without bringing it thru the UK? the price this Alan guy costs is huge and am unwilling to give him buisness as he is making a very big profit for little work, and adding a huge cost to me, is there any dealers here who can import without the huge cost from the UK?

Thanks in advance.

Medicman.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

You could try john lambert in camolin ,Very straight forward guy to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

You could try john lambert in camolin ,Very straight forward guy to deal with.

yep, will be trying him, that is where I bought my .270 Tikka, nice Lad, just wondering if any out there did bring in a Blaser without having to go thru the UK?

Thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

medicman
    john lambert has a brand new .270 R93 down there still in the box
    i was looking at it my self ,lovely bit of kit

he has one on hold for me
    a r93 in 30 06
    you should go down and have a look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

You could try donal mc cloy in toombridge in N Ireland
    He should be able to sort out the export across the border as well.

Thanks for the replys guys, will be looking at a few over the next few months and will keep you posted.

Regards.

Medicman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

endasmail wrote: »
    medicman
    john lambert has a brand new .270 R93 down there still in the box
    i was looking at it my self ,lovely bit of kit

he has one on hold for me
    a r93 in 30 06
    you should go down and have a look at it

Any idea what kind of money these are ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

my cousin bought an r8 in .270 from John lambert, was cheaper than you can buy them in the uk. too heavy for my liking though, wouldn't have it over the r93

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

zeissman wrote: »
    You could try donal mc cloy in toombridge in N Ireland
    He should be able to sort out the export across the border as well.

I've bought all my guns from McCloy's- they sell a LOT of guns to the South, they'll be able to sort out the paperwork for you no problem.

If you're calling, insist on talking to Eunan.

Thanks for all the replies guys, will be starting the process in the next month or so.

regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭ballistic

GixxerThou wrote: »
    my cousin bought an r8 in .270 from John lambert, was cheaper than you can buy them in the uk. too heavy for my liking though, wouldn't have it over the r93

I agree totally with this. Medic man you should pimp the tikka.

• Advertisement

ballistic wrote: »
    +1 on that, a carbonfibre pse composites stock and a truflite medium sporter barrel.. will be lighter than an R93, more capacity and cheaper!

yea ,but it wont be a blaser

yea ,but it wont be a blaser

I compared the r8 to a similar set up that gixer thou mentioned (270 win). Groups were wider, velocity was lower with the r8 and the r8 is that bit heavy not to mention the r8 has a poor stock which with a little pressure will easily touch the barrel. I have great time for blasers and had my heart set on an r8 but I wouldnt have one now. It does feel good in the hand and has a beautiful trigger and is by no means inaccurate. I would customise the Tikka. Seventeen hundred would see her rebarelled and bedded to a carbon fibre stock. The Tikka has a smooth lite action an ideal place to start with a custom job. I currently have a customised sako 75 and am seriously thinking about getting a stalking rifle built on a tikka action.

you can bring the customised tikka to africa with the thousand euro you will save!

I compared the r8 to a similar set up that gixer thou mentioned (270 win). Groups were wider, velocity was lower with the r8 and the r8 is that bit heavy not to mention the r8 has a poor stock which with a little pressure will easily touch the barrel. I have great time for blasers and had my heart set on an r8 but I wouldnt have one now. It does feel good in the hand and has a beautiful trigger and is by no means inaccurate. I would customise the Tikka. Seventeen hundred would see her rebarelled and bedded to a carbon fibre stock. The Tikka has a smooth lite action an ideal place to start with a custom job. I currently have a customised sako 75 and am seriously thinking about getting a stalking rifle built on a tikka action.

you can bring the customised tikka to africa with the thousand euro you will save!

thats like saying to a lad who wants to buy a porsche
    "ah buy a civic and pimp it out"

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

by all means if you can afford it and don't forget the glass(swarovski,S&B,zeiss) go for it.treat yourself.would love one myself the black edition is lovely.have a friend who had a few blazers,R93 attache,R93 pro,lrs(now sold has a sauer 202 elegance now).personally I would be afraid I scratch it after all when your in the field you have rain,forest.crawling on the ground.barbed wire etc.I use at the moment a sako 75 and it can shoot aswell as any of the above and cost 1/3 of the price it ticks the boxes for me, dont fix something that aint broke.the actions on the blazers I love straight pull krico do one similar.anyway the best of luck to you on what ever decision you take

it's what your into I guess, some fellas just want a particular gun and that's fine. What ballistic is saying tho is that for less money
    than an r8 you can build a lighter more accurate package. But if ye want a porche then go for it! I personally would not have an r8 over an r93 tho.

GixxerThou wrote: »
    it's what your into I guess, some fellas just want a particular gun and that's fine. What ballistic is saying tho is that for less money
    than an r8 you can build a lighter more accurate package. But if ye want a porche then go for it! I personally would not have an r8 over an r93 tho.

id agree with you on that point
    id much prefer the r93 ,it costs a good bit less as well

Thanks for all the replies, I have always wanted a Blaser, There is nothing wrong with the Tikka I have, in fact, I have never shot a deer that hasnt gone down with 1 shot, never needed a 2nd killing shot, great rifle, BUT, still want a Blaser, and I think on looking at all the posts will still go for one, but will look at the R93 also and put both side by side and decide which one is best for me.

Thanks and regards.

Medicman.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

I have had some nice rifles including sako and tikka, and they were great and accurate, but the best rifle i have ever owned is the blaser ,

• Advertisement

I have had some nice rifles including sako and tikka, and they were great and accurate, but the best rifle i have ever owned is the blaser ,

they are a fantastic rifle alright, once u get used to using one it's hard to use anything else!

I stand corrected!

Rifles shouldnt be judged on accuracy, stock rigidity, handling, weight, capacity and barrel quality. But rather should be judged on brand.

I stand corrected!

Rifles shouldnt be judged on accuracy, stock rigidity, handling, weight, capacity and barrel quality. But rather should be judged on brand.

ok yea
    blaser are none of the above
    i know a couple lads who would say differently

ok yea
    blaser are none of the above
    i know a couple lads who would say differently

I didnt say blasers were none of the above just not as good in those areas. I have used the r93 the r8 and the lrs 2 I dont have to ask a couple of lads as I have first hand experience. I am not talking about a standard t3. There was a time when I would have agreed 100% with you.

where are the serial numbers on blasers?. just wondering because of there design If you wanted a spare barrel of the same calibre where would you stand.I know you need a separate cert for different calibre barrels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fourtycoats

Blaser serial numbers are on the barrel.

any idea what price are standard calibre barrels for R98 & R93 working out about?

any idea what price are standard calibre barrels for R98 & R93 working out about?
    http://www.rmacleod.co.uk/shooting.htm
    check out Gregor Mac Cleods prices and convert to euro.. Broadly online with prices here.

had a look at between £750 for standard barrel & £1250 for standard cal fluted,no difference in price for R93 & R8 funny enough taught the R8 would be more expensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement