Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe Magic Blackpool - Gone...

Options
  • 08-01-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

:(

sad to see Paul the cobbler from Blackpool SC has closed up - anyone know if he's re-opening somewhere else???

Comments

Bummer, Paul is a sound chap, I worked in a shop up there for a couple of years shortly after the centre opened. Place I worked in closed too, it was shockingly quiet at times there. I hope he wasn't tied into a 30 year lease or anything like that, or if he was that he sorted something out that suits him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I know its terrible, at the start I thought he was just closed for xmas until they moved all the trolleys in front of it. Hope he has gone onto better things!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rebelccfc

If dunnes wasnt there blackpool sc would be closed down fully.

Never ever go there and only live round the corner. Place is awful.

If it wasn't for the anchor tenant most SCs would be closed ;) I haven't been there in years (I live on the other side of the city and being a dude shopping is a necessity rather than a pastime, not very metrosexual of me but me is me :D ) but I wouldn't reckon it's an awful shopping centre, quite the opposite. Good range of stores and good parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Awwhh thats really sad. He was such a nice bloke. I brought a pair of boots into him before Christmas that were all torn at the side. They were a lost cause really but he still glued them together and tried his best to make them look presentable. As he couldn't fix them properly for me he wouldn't take any money of me for gluing them which I thought was pretty sound.

I think a lot of people are just buying a new pair of shoes now, rather than repairing them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah that is a shame, my family always went to him. Lovely bloke. Hope everything works out for him wherever he's gone to.

Advertisement