Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Alert! Red Alert! Dave Redmond

• 08-01-2011 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Just heard from a good source Dave Redmond is leaving Southeast Radio after just six weeks and I also hear one or two more of their jocks are on the way out too?:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

iladee wrote: »
    Just heard from a good source Dave Redmond is leaving Southeast Radio after just six weeks and I also hear one or two more of their jocks are on the way out too?:eek:

They have an ad posted for Breakfast Jock on the job spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I don't get your topic. Why the "Red Alert! Red Alert!" ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

That was their advertising before unveiling the current breakfast show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wheelybird

@bard the whole Red alert thing was a big advertisement for his comeback...and i log on here now and i see its true that he's going again.....i really dont know what's goin on with SER they seem to be choppin and changin a lot and gettin rid of some dam good jocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 iladee

They have set targets for presenters to reach, impossible targets and all their presenters are very unhappy. Must be a terrible place to work.

• Advertisement

and how do u know this iladee

I am good friends with people working there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 alanoshea

So thats why Dave Redmond has moved then. To my ears he sounded better and more relaxed on Spirit than the times I heard him over the past few weeks on South East. How do radio stations set targets for radio DJ's shows? Is it based on the survey readings or the advertising each show gets?

I dont know much about it but apparently each presenter has to be up by 1% each quarter. I think its totally radiculous. All down to bad management, its a radio station,not a clothes shop?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Radio|Man

Amazing how these posts are always from and between people with low post counts :confused:

• Advertisement

Thanks Radioman but I have long been a listener to South East Radio and have been a reader of these forums for years - only recently joining in.
    iladee's comments are interesting and 1% does not seem like a big target to have to achieve surely? Presumably it is some sort of incentive to build listenership and reward achievement.

Dave left SER on friday, which is a shame because I liked listening to him, he was a breath of fresh, lorraine byrne who's doing the show at the moment is doing my head in, i dont think she will last long on SER to be honest, she's just so boring to listen to, dont get me wrong im sure she's a nice person in reality but as far as on air goes, i dont think she's great at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭jimmy2flutes

Firstly I dont get the whole adoration to Dave Redmond, he was a weekend jock on 2fm that got shafted, went back to where he was and then got a better offer and moved on. No red alert, no biggie. You would think the way people go on he was some kind of superstar, when he is just an average jock at best!

The targets in 1 way are correct, but iladee is quite incorrect in saying that is why Dave left SER. Having a new breakfast show is going to take 18-24 months to bed in with the audience and see as how the JNLR figures are a few months old, its going to take that long to see how you get on. 1% increase of what? As each show has different numbers as well. Does SER want a 1% reach increase, listened yesterday or share? Did you also fail to mention that there is a JNLR bonus? Pretty much every radio station that is in JNLR with have that set up with its employees. So if you are 'good friends' with people working there, at least get the right info before posting wildly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

wheelybird wrote: »
    Dave left SER on friday, which is a shame because I liked listening to him, he was a breath of fresh, lorraine byrne who's doing the show at the moment is doing my head in, i dont think she will last long on SER to be honest, she's just so boring to listen to, dont get me wrong im sure she's a nice person in reality but as far as on air goes, i dont think she's great at all

I think Lorraine Byrne is only a fill in presenter on South East. I don't think she's taken over on the breakfast show. She tends to show up alot when presenters aren't around.

Jimmy2flutes you have it totally wrong. If there is a JNLR bonus the staff at Souteast Radio don't see any of it. It's a case of you get your survey results up or its goodbye.

Regarding Dave Redmond he is one of the best presenters in the country, for example he really showed some of the Southeast presenters how it's done during his short spell there, both on-air and in production. Best of luck Dave.

Well if true thats outrageous. The ad for their new Brek show did not mention that did it? Maybe Dave didn't achieve that target in time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

iladee wrote: »

Regarding Dave Redmond he is one of the best presenters in the country
    Anything to back up that "fact" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Jimmy, I agree the Dave Redmond fanclub thing is just a little scary. To me he's an adequate jock -no more no less but I've suspected for a long time he has friends who like to post and I'm not suggesting he's encouraging them. As he's back working at least 5 days a week in Dublin, isnt it plausible he just left SER. For what it's worth I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on Nova in next few months.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Why is a fanclub a scary thing? Surely a fanclub is only a group of people with a positive opinion of the person and what they do and are they not entitled to their opinion? I also don't think that everyone that would post on him would be his friend.
    If you don't like him or what he does isn't that your opinion the same as the way others like him and what he does no?

Advertisement