Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instalation problems!

Options
  • 08-01-2011 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm trying to install burning crusade but says i need WOW before i do.
    WOW is insatlled and running fine.
    Can anyone tell me whats up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

You could try the tech forums n see what they think

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/874936/

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Odd. Even if you only have a serial key for Vanilla WoW you're meant to install the Full Client: in this case, Cataclysm. Previously WotLK would have been installed on your machine even before you activated a Serial Key for Burning Crusade, or Wrath.

In all fairness if you're installing from DVD: I would not personally bother. Virtually All of the data contained on the disk is now obsolete. The World Data, for instance, is completely defunct now, replaced by the latest expansion Cataclysm. If I was to install from any DVD, it would be the Cataclysm disc. If you don't have access to the DVD you will need to consider downloading the whole thing from the website, which on a slow connection could take days, and in some draconian countries can eat up a month's worth of download cap.

Advertisement