Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warnock blasts 'gutter' boy Diouf (Mod Warning Post #16)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Picture of the injury here, it wouldn't take a genius to realise Mackie was seriously injured.

zof7dd.jpg

Diouf is a disgrace to the sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

AAGHH! Could you not just link to the picture instead?

That's disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

eagle eye wrote: »
    Jamie Mackie put in a horrendous tackle on Gael Givet.stand him up.

QUOTE]

I normally ignore you but i'm a little worried about you now. Get your eyes checked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ouch looks nasty, doesn't look as bad in the clip. Both players made a meal of there challenges though, Diouf was out of line giving out to the player, i couldn't care less about what Warnock has to say on the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

MOG7 wrote: »
    Ouch looks nasty, doesn't look as bad in the clip. Both players made a meal of there challenges though, Diouf was out of line giving out to the player, i couldn't care less about what Warnock has to say on the issue.
    What the fúck?

Made a meal out of it? the dude had a broken fúcking leg.

Christ.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    What the fúck?

Made a meal out of it? the dude had a broken fúcking leg.

Christ.

I meant both of them made a meal of there tackles as in they were both poor tackles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I meant both of them made a meal of there tackles as in they were both poor tackles.

But thats not what 'making a meal out of' means. Not even close.

But thats not what 'making a meal out of' means. Not even close.

Right great so now you know what i mean. I thought it would have been obvious that i wasn't saying he made a meal of his reaction.

Right great so now you know what i mean. I thought it would have been obvious that i wasn't saying he made a meal of his reaction.

I'm afraid it wasn't.

Did you mix your food metaphors and mean it was a meaty challenge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

MOG7 - I think you need to look up the definition of the phrase!

I've never heard it used in the context you claim you've used it i'm afraid.

Ok right everyone can get back on topic now, i misused a phrase, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Jigga wrote: »
    Picture of the injury here, it wouldn't take a genius to realise Mackie was seriously injured.

zof7dd.jpg

Diouf is a disgrace to the sport.

Because he is able to take a split second picture like that and freeze it in his mind?

You cannot see anything like what that picture highlights from the video which is how Diouf and everyone else there on or near the pitch saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Mackie was lying on the ground in agony, Diouf was standing over him abusing him, if anyone wants to defend that it says as much about you as Dioufs behaviour says about him.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ok right everyone can get back on topic now, i misused a phrase, sorry.

You made a dog's dinner out of it.

• Advertisement

Because he is able to take a split second picture like that and freeze it in his mind?

You cannot see anything like what that picture highlights from the video which is how Diouf and everyone else there on or near the pitch saw it.

But they all managed to avoid standing over him on a stretcher, waggling the finger and saying "fcuk you and fcuk your leg".

Its appaling form and I'm astonished anyone would defend it. Its the only sacrosanct thing left in football - if a player is in bits, the ball goes out, players back away and the fans clap them off.

But they all managed to avoid standing over him on a stretcher, waggling the finger and saying "fcuk you and fcuk your leg".

Its appaling form and I'm astonished anyone would defend it. Its the only sacrosanct thing left in football - if a player is in bits, the ball goes out, players back away and the fans clap them off.

Have you seen or heard anything that confirms the above to be his actions?

All I have heard is what Warnock said, whom I have no time for, and I have heard people saying that QPR fans have said it is what he has done.

I'm not a big fan of either Warnock or Diouf , and I am not trying to defend what anyone has or has not done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Just like Keano did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

WH BONNEY wrote: »
    Just like Keano did.

After Hangelaand did it first, it as to be said.

Have you seen or heard anything that confirms the above to be his actions?

All I have heard is what Warnock said, whom I have no time for, and I have heard people saying that QPR fans have said it is what he has done.

I'm not a big fan of either Warnock or Diouf , and I am not trying to defend what anyone has or has not done.
    I've been told he definitely said it by someone at the game who is involved with QPR.
    I also think Diouf's silence is deafening.
    I see some of the QPR players have been on twitter slating him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rovers' legend Simon Garner has his say about it. I fully agree with everything he has to say.
    SIMON Garner has slammed Neil Warnock for being “bang out of order” after the QPR boss and players launched an astonishing personal attack on El-Hadji Diouf.
    Blackburn Rovers’ controversial midfielder has been at the centre of another storm this weekend after being accused of taunting broken leg victim Jamie Mackie during Saturday’s FA Cup third round win.
    After the Junior Hoilett-inspired 1-0 victory, a seething Warnock called Diouf a “gutter boy” and a “sewer rat”, while some of his players hit out at him via their Twitter accounts.
    Mackie suffered a broken leg after his first half foul on Gael Givet saw both players stretchered off and the visitors were left furious with Diouf's alleged comments while the striker was on the ground.
    The spat continued post match and Warnock has since called for Steve Kean to kick the midfielder out of Rovers for good.
    Blackburn Rovers declined to comment on the incident as they waited for a report on what had happened.
    Garner said: “What Warnock has said is bang out of order.
    "I don't think I have ever heard anyone launch such an attack on a player like that.
    “I am not going to say Diouf is an angel because he clearly isn't.
    "He is a wind-up merchant and does step over the line too many times. So does Warnock, though.
    “Warnock needs to take a long hard look at himself.
    "What is it they say about people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?
    “All our thoughts go out to Jamie Mackie but it is not as though Dioufy has broken his leg, is it?
    "Things are said on the pitch, but how was he to know he had broken his leg?
    “At one point Mackie actually got up and I think everyone thought it was Givet that was more seriously injured.
    "In the heat of the moment, Diouf was angry at the initial tackle.
    “Mackie's tackle could have broken Gael's leg and that is what Diouf was initially upset about.
    "Would he be getting this stick if Givet had broken his leg, like some feared at first?”
    While Diouf has attracted his fair share of controversy during his career, QPR boss Warnock is no stranger to hitting the headlines either.
    And Garner believes the former Sheffield United manager should be the one landing in hot water with the FA.
    “I remember when I was playing against Warnock's Huddersfield.
    "One of his players was sent off for kicking me,” he said.
    “I went off for treatment and Warnock was immediately in my ear and shouting all sorts of abuse at me.
    "He called me a cheat and much worse. He has done stuff like this all through his career.
    “Of course he is rightly upset for his player but he needs to calm down before he speaks.
    “Because of him and the subsequent comments from his players, Mackie has been forgotten about.
    "This is not about Warnock or Diouf, it is about a promising player who will sadly be out for a long time with a broken leg.”
    Rovers legend Garner added: “Diouf can be stupid, of course he can.
    “He doesn't help himself but will he bothered by the latest stuff being said about him? No chance.
    “If someone else had been saying this about Diouf then maybe you would take it more seriously. But Warnock has as much history as Diouf does.
    “It is all petty playground stuff. I don't know what has gone on afterwards, maybe we never will, but everyone seems to be being very childish.
    "I just hope Mackie gets back soon.
    “If Diouf has stepped out of line, Rovers will deal with him and he should apologise.
    "But Warnock has gone way too far.”
    http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8780660.Rovers_legend_Garner_slams_Warnock_over_attack_on_Diouf/?ref=rss

Diouf will never learn, he hasn't got the intelligence.

His spitting at Celtic fans when he was at Liverpool was disgusting.

He also spat at a child while at Bolton iirc.

Not to mention punching his team mates wife.

Oh, and didn't he racially abuse a ballboy too?

What Warnock said about him is 100% correct.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Still didn't get those eyes tested? Bring Garner along when you do get around to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

amiable wrote: »
    Still didn't get those eyes tested? Bring Garner along when you do get around to it
    wtf are you on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

baz2009 wrote: »

That's the interesting thing. If in 2 years QPR are playing Blackburn. 50/50 ball and Mackie jumps in and smashes Diouf, would it be alright or is he scum, or is it ok cause we don't like Diouf and don't like Keane so them 2 are the evil parties no matter what happens.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    That's the interesting thing. If in 2 years QPR are playing Blackburn. 50/50 ball and Mackie jumps in and smashes Diouf, would it be alright or is he scum, or is it ok cause we don't like Diouf and don't like Keane so them 2 are the evil parties no matter what happens.

I like Keane, though.
    Keane and Diouf are somewhat opposites in the equations. Diouf instigated the tension by saying whatever he did to Mackie, whereas Keane was the one on the recieving end of the instigation from Hangelaand.

That doesn't excuse what Keane did by any means, but it wouldn't have happened had Hangelaand kept his mouth shut.

I like Keane, though.
    Keane and Diouf are somewhat opposites in the equations. Diouf instigated the tension by saying whatever he did to Mackie, whereas Keane was the one on the recieving end of the instigation from Hangelaand.

That doesn't excuse what Keane did by any means, but it wouldn't have happened had Hangelaand kept his mouth shut.

I don't want to drag this off-topic and I certainly don't want to dig up old debates that have been done over and over,

But in my opinion Hangeland did nothing wrong at all.

I don't want to drag this off-topic and I certainly don't want to dig up old debates that have been done over and over,

Hangeland may not have but did Haaland do anything wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Diouf will never learn, he hasn't got the intelligence.

His spitting at Celtic fans when he was at Liverpool was disgusting.

He also spat at a child while at Bolton iirc.

Not to mention punching his team mates wife.
    Oh, and didn't he racially abuse a ballboy too?

What Warnock said about him is 100% correct.

:eek: Whose wife did he punch??

amiable wrote: »
    Hangeland may not have but did Haaland do anything wrong?

That is the point I was hinting towards.

• Advertisement

That is the point I was hinting towards.
    Haha.... Sorry about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Incidents like this and the reaction from both Diouf and Warnock help to validate my decision that soccer, in the premier league at least, really is a silly game.

The theatrics and nonsense that occur off and on the pitch just make it eminently unwatchable these days. How these guys can watch highlights of their games without cringing is beyond me.

Scandanavian names are confusing.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

:eek: Whose wife did he punch??

It was Khalilou Fadiga wife, I believe, that "Dioufy" assaulted. I can't find any links, but I do remember reading about it, and reading he was convicted of it as well.

Here is Diouf talking about his take on the matter, as expected he said he done nothing wrong and says he did not talk to the player when he was on the ground injured,

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6661377,00.html

Have to laugh at him calling Warnock nothing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think what he is wearing in that video is a bigger crime that anything else he has done. I'm glad we can only see from the shoulders up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Right at the end: "I am a strong man *smug grin*"

Aye, a strong man who spat at an 11-year-old kid and allegedly beat up a woman.

Maybe we could send Diouf off to fight a war or something*, see how strong a man he is then.

*Originally I had him working as a fireman, but he'd probably just spit at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Rumoured that Warnock could become Diouf's new gaffer very soon.......let's wait and see, would be quite a turn of events.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

JokerD wrote: »
    Rumoured that Warnock could become Diouf's new gaffer very soon.......let's wait and see, would be quite a turn of events.
    Another sad day to add to the many of the club I love :mad:. That lad is a disgrace

Advertisement