Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

location of this apartment

• 08-01-2011 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

In relation to genzyme, I imagine all I do is turn right at the gate and when I come to the round about take the exit at the right and its somewhere along that road

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=994945

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

by the looks of the pin point on the map they have, it may be the apartments up behind Dixies chipper on the carrickpherish road?? only around the corner from Genzyme..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Heathen wrote: »
    by the looks of the pin point on the map they have, it may be the apartments up behind Dixies chipper on the carrickpherish road?? only around the corner from Genzyme..

whats that area like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm not gonna lie to you man,

I would not live on that road, I used to go drive to and from work along it and have seen a few dodgy enough things like burnt out cars, guys fighting and unsavory looking sorts.

You were looking at the places on the quay right? I'd more advise around there if you had you heart set on an apartment.

Heathen wrote: »

Would it not be on that road that you get on by turnning left at the round about before Genzyme? If it's not I'll edit my post.

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm not gonna lie to you man,

I would not live on that road, I used to go drive to and from work along it and have seen a few dodgy enough things like burnt out cars, guys fighting and unsavory looking sorts.

You were looking at the places on the quay right? I'd more advise around there if you had you heart set on an apartment.

Really, thanks for the heards up, I would have thought town would have been more dodgey especially around that area as I heard the penrose area which its close too can be dodgy too plus its not an attractive part of waterford to live , Im looking at apartments because im just sick of living in shared accommodation, that can be alright too if you move in with the right people and have a sound landlord(which isnt the case in my current situation) but at my age I just need my own comforts, another apartment im looking at is

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=995385

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Would it not be on that road that you get on by turnning left at the round about before Genzyme? If it's not I'll edit my post.

Its hard to tell alright, cos sometimes the pin point on the google maps api can be way off the actual location... so i could be totally wrong..

Really, thanks for the heards up, I would have thought town would have been more dodgey especially around that area as I heard the penrose area which its close too can be dodgy too plus its not an attractive part of waterford to live , Im looking at apartments because im just sick of living in shared accommodation, that can be alright too if you move in with the right people and have a sound landlord(which isnt the case in my current situation) but at my age I just need my own comforts, another apartment im looking at is

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=995385

I lived in saint James Gate (across from penrose) and did have the odd issue but nothing major if I'm honest I'd avoid the area but know people who live over there and are happy out.

I also lived in Alsephi Quay (near what you linked) and I never had any trouble over there. That side of town would be that little bit quieter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Yeah that apartment is up behind dixies chipper,i dont know what the area is like,it looks grand but thats only from driving past it.

I worked in Genzyme for 2 years and i live on Barracks street,if you have a car you cant go wrong with the area,you have everything you need at your doorstep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The Good Doctor

RC is correct - these apartments are part of the mount suir estate where dixies takeaway is at the enterance on the carrickpherish. NOT a bad area at all despite what earlier posters maintain- I lived up there for 2 years and never saw anything untoward going on on that road. The estate itself is very quiet the only hazard is the kids playing on the road so drive slowly up there. Its all young families up there really. And you will be needing a car - the only drawback up there I think is that there is nothing but dixies takaway within a radius of about 1.5 miles. On the plus side its like living in the countryside if you want to take a walk up the road behind the estate where you will find access to 3 state of the art hurling pitches if you fancy a run or a puck around. The residents commitee got up and running last year and they are anxious to improve the amenities in that area. I would recommend it if you have a car and a dislike for noisy/nosey neighbours which you will get if you live down by the quay- I lived in penrose lane and it was hell on the weekends with the crowds coming out of the forum as well as paper thin walls not mixing with the house parties and people being able to look in your windows. yock. No, take my advice and get up to garcedieu if your really after a bit of privacy, peace and quiet.

RC is correct - these apartments are part of the mount suir estate where dixies takeaway is at the enterance on the carrickpherish. NOT a bad area at all despite what earlier posters maintain- I lived up there for 2 years and never saw anything untoward going on on that road. The estate itself is very quiet the only hazard is the kids playing on the road so drive slowly up there. Its all young families up there really. And you will be needing a car - the only drawback up there I think is that there is nothing but dixies takaway within a radius of about 1.5 miles. On the plus side its like living in the countryside if you want to take a walk up the road behind the estate where you will find access to 3 state of the art hurling pitches if you fancy a run or a puck around. The residents commitee got up and running last year and they are anxious to improve the amenities in that area. I would recommend it if you have a car and a dislike for noisy/nosey neighbours which you will get if you live down by the quay- I lived in penrose lane and it was hell on the weekends with the crowds coming out of the forum as well as paper thin walls not mixing with the house parties and people being able to look in your windows. yock. No, take my advice and get up to garcedieu if your really after a bit of privacy, peace and quiet.

Would it be much of a walk to genzyme, I dont have a car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

10 minute walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The Good Doctor

yea bout 10 mins if u cut accross the field and through the an post depot bout 15 id say if u stick to the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

In relation to genzyme, I imagine all I do is turn right at the gate and when I come to the round about take the exit at the right and its somewhere along that road

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=994945

I live in an estate nearby so i wouldn,t know for definite, but i think thats a very quiet estate and wouldn,t have any problem living there.

I was staying in a house in Sherlock walk last summer and walked into the IDA on that road a few mornings for work leaving the car behind, and some of the mornings during the summer were absolutely beautiful, that walk in was the best way to start the day!! (dont know about winter though haha) but its a grand walk.. you'll have no bother!!
    :D

Advertisement