Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Connolly sketch

Options
  • 08-01-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all, I have been trying to find a certain Billy Connolly sketch on Youtube but its proved difficult without trawling through hours of footage, (though thats not really a hardship, lol) .... The sketch is one where he talks about a family get together or party, people start singing along to a song that everyone seems to know but they don't actually know the words, so they make it up as they go along and it ends with everyone singing, "I love you" at the end. Does anyone know the name of that particular sketch so I can narrow down my search?...Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Annari1 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have been trying to find a certain Billy Connolly sketch on Youtube but its proved difficult without trawling through hours of footage, (though thats not really a hardship, lol) .... The sketch is one where he talks about a family get together or party, people start singing along to a song that everyone seems to know but they don't actually know the words, so they make it up as they go along and it ends with everyone singing, "I love you" at the end. Does anyone know the name of that particular sketch so I can narrow down my search?...Thanks

This?

I remember him telling a better version of this story on the Late Late Show with Gay Byrne where he mentioned the "I love You!" bit. I can't seem to find that version anywhere so sorry about that. I remember rolling on the carpet laughing at the time. Poor Gay had tears rolling down his eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Annari1

Its almost it....its just missing the piece where he actually sings the song I'm looking for but thanks for posting that...made me laugh so much:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Annari1

I just noticed what you had written under the youtube clip, sorry, lol. Yes I remember that appearance on the Late Late show, that must be the clip I'm thinking of and it can't be found.:(....

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Gaolcon

Thats great thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 22 handsome ken

I think the one you're talking about is from his "an audience with" show where he talks about how c**p a lot of "scottish" songs are especially ones sung by drunk relatives at parties. it goes something like "shethepaw, shethepaw(??) -i love you......"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnw_0RWdQ_o&feature=related

i think this is the 1 ur looking for.... billy at his best !!:)

Advertisement