Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Xbox game of 2010

• 08-01-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

My nomination is Red Dead Redemption - great game and story line.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Fallout New Vegas for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I'd say Mafia 2, I really enjoyed that game.

Red dead redemption is not too far behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Mass Effect 2 followed closely by Red Dead Redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Mass Effect 2( about 60 hours in total with DLC!) and Halo Reach, the multiplayer'l keep me going for years like Halo 3's......then maybe Alan Wake, loved everything about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Can't pick a stand alone so:

Best Shooter
    Black Ops - First Call Of Duty to actually get me online, for all the complaints about it I enjoy the online more than any other COD

Best Arcade
    Limbo - No more needs to be said about this game, bit short but generally incredible!

Best All Round
    Dead Rising 2 - Red Dead was a nice open world game but apart from the spectacular open world, it didn't offer nearly as much to do as Dead Rising 2

• Advertisement

+1 Alan Wake, best played in the dark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Mass Effect 2- Amazing story, amazing charachtes and amazing action :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

Halo and assassins creed 3 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

I've got a few...

First: Red Dead Redemption. Great story, great gameplay, lots to do outside the main story.

Second: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Not as good as AC2 but i love this series and it would have to be pretty dismal to disapoint me.

Dark horse: Blur. didn't expect to like it but lots of fun.

Best freebie: Doritos Crash Course. Best played split screen after a few drinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

If I have to pick one? Mass Effect 2.

Followed very closely by Bayonetta, Super Meat Boy, Limbo, Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Press_Start

Best Game: Mass Effect2: Just So much to offer, and so deep
    Wildcard: Alan Wake: Surprisingy Shallow, but as a story it kept me awake at night! Epic game first time around.
    Dark Horse: Halo Reach: Everyone said it would be crap, but I thought it was awesome, enjoyed the hell out of it :D
    Best Shooter: Black Ops: the hype was good, and still lived up to it
    Best Arcade: Definately Limbo, so clever and so fresh, but so accessable
    Best RPG: Fallout: New Vegas: Again so much to offer in the long run, like Fallout 3 and just enjoyable
    Best Sport: Madden NFL 11: I just loved this, was so awesome and really got mr into american football,

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Red Dead or Bad Company 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Fable 3 was imperfect, and the last part in particular was a let down given it's terrific start, but I enjoyed it far more than any other contender this year by miles. I loved the ideas at work, and it was marvellous to play, it felt like a real, original labour of love in a way that many more "polished" games don't.

Red Dead Redemption is probably my runner up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Just a though, but for the craic, anyone fancy going for a proper Boardsie "Top X360 Games Of The Year" thread? Use a weeks voting to narrow down shortlists in categories then overall voting over another week with the use of polls? I'm sure the Games forum does something of there own but this would be exclusively for 360 and would hopefully draw in opinions from all the 360 users here that maybe don't frequent the Games forum?*

* Of course there's a likelyhood it'll end terribly! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

Mass Effect 2 followed by Halo and Red Dead Redemption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

I´m surprised Fable III hasn´t been mentioned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Phlebas_D

Halo reach, would go for mass effect 2 as the game was awesome but no multiplayer. Reach online is just great, infinately replayable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Mass Effect 2 for me. With mentions also to Red Dead Redemption and Bad Company 2, the online in BC2 is just brilliant.

BC2 online was impressive much better than Modern Warfare 2 or Blackops way more depth, chasing after a flag gets old really fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Only started at mass effect 2 today ,lovely work on detail. I think Vanquish is a great game ,a lot faster than gears of war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

No one mentioned Metro 2033? Superb game, excellent story, graphics, gameplay. This one really impressed me, and I'm not easily impressed.

Mass Effect 2 deffo, a bit too linear, but terrific none the less. Can't wait for 3. A truly great series.

Mafia 2 was another surprise for me. Superb story, acting, gameplay. The graphics were out of this world for the xbox - I didn't think it was capable of what I saw! Everything was so detailed and authentic too, the music, the world, you really felt like it was 1945 - really a labour of love this game.

Splinter Cell conviction was a great romp too, though I only mention it because it's one of the few games I actually finished.

I still have to make my way through Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption, though from what I already played of them I was not impressed. Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Without a doubt Mass Effect 2. I can't wait for Mass Effect 3. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Actually, speaking of Best Arcade Game,
    CHIME!
    Sort of like musical Tetris, i was surprised by how much i love this game, one of the most relaxing i've ever played, and best of all it's only 400MSP!
    Check out the vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dT7ttUErlM

On the subject of Fable 3, i was disappointed by some of the features taken out from Fable 2 such as Pub Games and Oakvale, one of my favorite locations in a videogame, as well as jobs like pulling pints and chopping wood, pie making and lute hero just weren't as addictive for me.
    Its also suffered another severely lackluster ending(again!) and all that talk of your "inner spirit" or whatever(you know the Angel/Demon wings that reflect your character) didnt come about until the game was nearly finished.
    Little things too like not being able to renovate all your properties in one area at a time was quite annoying, so you had to do it one flippin house at a time!
    It also lacked Fable 2's longevity, in that i wanted to keep coming back for more, maybe due to 3's somewhat linear story making you feel like there was nothing left to do

Honorable mentions for games that weren't in the spotlight such as other big titles:
    Alien Vs Predator(If you're a fan of the PC classic you shouldn't be disappointed as it's quite similar, although short)

Mafia II (GTA could learn a few things about storytelling from this)

Metro 2033( Just all round great and really immersive EXCEPT the stealth is pretty much broken!)

Enslaved: Odyssey To The West(People complain about how simple the combat mechanics are but that just made it more enjoyable to play for me; fantastic graphics and again, superb storytelling with Andy Serkis' mo-cap and direction)

Vanquish(Action packed and really fun sliding about on your knees blowing up robots at 50mph! Just a shame you can only upgrade your guns and not your suit....odd)

Transformers WFC( Best Transformers game out, 'nuff said)

Crackdown 2( Seriously one of the most addictive games i've ever played; one...more...orb)

Dead Rising 2 (The concept alone should tell you that you need to play this game)

Lost Planet 2(One of the most fun co-op experiences available, but not so much on your own)

Dante's Inferno(One of the most atmospheric games i've played, pretty darn twisted too! Story should keep most players interested)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

My faves for '10 were Darksiders and Singularity. Both had their flaws but for me had very immersive single player campaigns. Also enjoyed Alan wake and Limbo a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Best Games
    1.Mass Effect 2.
    2.Red Dead.
    3.Assassins Creed Brotherhood.
    4.Alan Wake.
    5.Splinter Cell Conviction.

Biggest Dissapointments
    1.Fable III.
    2.COD Black Ops.
    3.Mafia II.
    4.Crackdown 2.
    5.Not a Game but the amount of Games that Released that were Buggy as Hell.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Metro 2033 was pants, its on so many gamers reviews dispoinments of the year lists. I bought it expecting so much, in the end it had buggy stealth sections, poor game mechanics and I have never seen a more linear game. Very poor game that could have been so much better if they tried a little harder.

I bought it online and haven't played it yet ,mostly down to the bad reviews I read after I bought it:o
    Only paid 13.99 for it though.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Enemy AI can sense where you are despite the player being in complete darkness. In order to get the good ending you have do certain tasks which you arent told about in game (I only found about about later)

Thats what I didn't like in the reviews ,but the whole russian atmosphere thing caught my eye. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

why the heck has nobody said Left 4 Dead 2 yet? or was that 2009?

what a game. ive wasted a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'm quite surprised at the lack of love for Bayonetta? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Fallout: New Vegas
    followed closely by Super Meat Boy

Advertisement