Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caherdavin

• 08-01-2011 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi there. im planning on moving to Limerick City in the near future and a friend told me that Caherdavin is quite a nice area to live in.

what are peoples views on the area?
    is it safe?
    what are the houses like?
    is there much local sporting facilities or transport facilities?
    much shops around the area?

cheers,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭manna452121

Like every area in Limerick,caherdavin has its good points and some bad points.The main part of Caherdavin has the shopping centre,church,schools etc.On the other side of the ennis rd you have Caherdavin lawn,Knockhill,Clonmacken,Aylesbury.The bus service is very good and walking distance to city centre is about 30 mins.Are you planning to rent or buy in Caherdavin?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I know that residents living around the park at the Community Centre have trouble with gangs of kids coming over from other estates, but apart from that specific area the rest of Caherdavin is grand.

The 302 bus runs into town regularly. The Coonagh Roundabout bus (305) runs once per hour during the day as well.

Na Piarsaigh CLG is excellent. The local soccer club has rubbish facilities but still has a very decent team, and tends to do particularly well at under-age level. Coonagh AFC just out the road would have better facilities. Shannon RFC is close-by, as is Thomond RFC if you're on the Woodview side of Caherdavin.

Between Tesco (Coonagh), Dunnes (Jetland) and LIDL (opposite the Jetland on the Ennis Road) there are probably too many supermarkets, but it gives you plenty of choice. Ivan's Shop is brilliant if you're looking for something smaller.

There's a Mace, a chemist's, a butcher's, a WokKing restaurant and a Laundry Shop across the road from Ivan's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Tefral

Having family that live in Caherdavin, I wouldnt live anywhere between Sheelin Road and the Old Cratloe Road, anywhere in between, expect roving gangs of teens with nothing better to do than annoy you, then expect the wannabie scumbags who travel between the off licence on the old cratloe road and the park behind the community centre.

I myself have had my car broken into twice while visiting friends in Glenmore.
    My cousins spoiler was ripped off her car and just left there. Mindless vandals is all they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Like most parts of Limerick, there's snipers on the rooftops and landmines are an occupational hazard in the green areas, apart from that Caherdavin is fine. Well, as long as the Nightcrawlers or Zombies don't get you....

Nah, Caherdavin is fine, best areas are by na Piarsigh GAA club and gets a bit worse as you get closer to the Old Cratloe road.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

My inlaws are just off the old cratloe road, and it's quiet enough. Lots of families that have been there 30+ years on their road.

You got those little scumbags (or wannabe scumbags) whereever you go.

A lot of the houses in carherdavin are 35+ years old, so keep that in mind in regard to the house itself.

Her folks are there over thirty years, and they had a set of hubcaps stolen off a car once. Not exactly worth calling crime line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

the population of caherdavin is about 7,000 so theres gona be every type of person living there, its actually a nice area of the city, well served by bus services and 2 shopping centres immediately beside and many smaller ones there too, as for sports facilities you have a 50,000 gaelic grounds next door and 26,000 thomond park up the way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Living out this side 30 years would recommend caherdavin/clareview to anyone, the ennis road side though not cratloe road side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Being a blow in of nearly ten years,I can firmly say that Caherdavin is the nicest side of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CHRISTINACO

I have been living in caherdavin for nearly 4years just off glenmore rd. It has it wannabe scumbags but so do most places. I have to park my car elsewhere because the kids on my rd think they own the road so feel it's their right to scratch and dent my car and run in around other peoples houses. I have some lovely neighbours except for the ones on either side of me but that's another story..other than that I think caherdavin is a lovely place to live.the people are friendly especially the elderly. And it's close to all amenities. If I could move my house to another part of caherdavin I would so take everyones advice and stay away from anywhere near old cratloe rd..
    And hope ur move goes well and good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

hi Paul, just sent you a message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 imissmyboo

hi does any1 know of any rooms available to let in caherdavin! a double room for my bf and i to share. were students at lit and re4cently lost our house so we need a room to rent asap. any help would be hugely appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CHRISTINACO

hiya,go to the post office in caherdavin..there is an ad there for rooms to let..just on the side wall of the queue and i think there is an ad on the main notice board too...best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

The other place to try for rooms is the Limerick Post www.limerickpost.ie its a free newspaper that you can get anywhere in Limerick or check out the digital version online you can find somewhere to rent there.

I live near enuff to Caherdavin and its seems to be a nice area, it has loads of shops etc there.

Best of luck with the move and anymore queries you can always pm me if you need any other info etc

hiya,go to the post office in caherdavin..there is an ad there for rooms to let..just on the side wall of the queue and i think there is an ad on the main notice board too...best of luck

perfect thanks a million, going to go check it out monday appreciate it!

kiersm wrote: »
    The other place to try for rooms is the Limerick Post www.limerickpost.ie its a free newspaper that you can get anywhere in Limerick or check out the digital version online you can find somewhere to rent there.

I live near enuff to Caherdavin and its seems to be a nice area, it has loads of shops etc there.

Best of luck with the move and anymore queries you can always pm me if you need any other info etc

seems like a good idea ill have a look. thanks very much for your help.

Advertisement