Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent prices in Galway...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Want a bit of a laugh? Read on....

City Centre apartment, 2 bedroom, 1 parking space. Nothing especially special about the place, but it was a nice apartment but had very small bedrooms. Asking price, 1000 PCM.

The minimum they'd take is 975 PCM! They had may aswell stick their middle finger up at me!

The search continues

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Want a bit of a laugh? Read on....

City Centre apartment, 2 bedroom, 1 parking space. Nothing especially special about the place, but it was a nice apartment but had very small bedrooms. Asking price, 1000 PCM.

The minimum they'd take is 975 PCM! They had may aswell stick their middle finger up at me!

The search continues

That's extracting the urine alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I am renting a double room is a four bedroom house sharing with 3 others for EUR310 per month in Cluain Riocard. It is a nice comfortable house but am I being ripped off?
    What is the going rate on the outskirts of the city for a double room in a four bedroom house? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

By the landlord, no.
    By yourself,maybe.
    You could probably get a single room for half that tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thanks, but What is the going rate on the outskirts of the city for a double room in a four bedroom house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

Glenman wrote: »
    Thanks, but What is the going rate on the outskirts of the city for a double room in a four bedroom house?

Its simple. Look up www.daft.ie and find out....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, check similar places on daft.ie and see what they charge.
    There's a recent "rent thread" here somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit, found it and merged as it can be handy to know what people are paying atm.

Btw, I lived in Cluain Riocard 2 years ago, paid 900 total for a 3bed house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

Rental accomodation in Ireland is dissaster. Its impossible to find anything nice even if you have money to pay high rent.
    If not dirty carpets, beds and mould on the walls you get horrendous tacky interiors!
    Since i was looking (2008) i've seen maybe 2 or 3 nice apartments/houses on daft.
    I dont have any crazy expectations. CLEAN (they are never properly cleaned), finished with good quality simple materials/ furnitures , bright and thats it. Why is it so impossible to find here?

Advertisement