Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A New Home for Strikeforce on UK/ Eire TV?

• 08-01-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just wondering that Bravo & Bravo 2 used to show Strikeforce before the channels ended on Jan 1st 2011. With the exciting Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix coming up, does anyone know where the Strikeforce events will be shown on Uk or Irish T.V? I dont suppose Sky Sports/ ESPN or Primetime has snapped it up already. Just wondering if anyone has any info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The UFC will have an exclusive deal with ESPN, meaning no MMA other than UFC events can be shown on ESPN, so that is unlikely.

SKY Sports has TUF and Ultimate Challenge, highly doubt they would want Strikeforce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

unknown13 wrote: »
    The UFC will have an exclusive deal with ESPN, meaning no MMA other than UFC events can be shown on ESPN, so that is unlikely.

SKY Sports has TUF and Ultimate Challenge, highly doubt they would want Strikeforce.
    ...Eire?

But, yea, not sure who would pick it up. What other channels are there whose demographic matches up with MMA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any chance Setanta might pick it up? or would SF stay well wide of em!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ministerofwar

Doubt any channels over here will bother trying to get it!Thank christ ESPN have the ufc:D.Hopefully they actually come over soon but I doubt it,given Irelands current economic climate compared to evrywhere else haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

LOL @ "Eire"

I don't think anyone will bring in strikeforce, UFC is barely known here as it is among the general public, nevermind SF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

we should get a campaign going to get it shown on rte! be better than a lot of the sh!te they put on the air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

LOL. There is no chance of Strikeforce being shown on RTÉ or any channel like it.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    LOL. There is no chance of Strikeforce being shown on RTÉ or any channel like it.

yeah i know - wishfull thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Eire :confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Isnt CHannel 1 on 121 (sky digital) replacing Bravo?Its the same programmes jsut wonder would the strikeforce shows transfer onto teh new 'Channel 1'!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Psst....hotfile account. Lifesaver if you want to keep up with MMA around the world. Lifesaver for the likes of Bellator, Strikeforce, Sengoku etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

whats the story with all the ?:confused::rolleyes: stuff cause OP used Éire?

Richy06 wrote: »
    Psst....hotfile account. Lifesaver if you want to keep up with MMA around the world. Lifesaver for the likes of Bellator, Strikeforce, Sengoku etc

Please explain? Unless it's some kind of illegal thingy then just PM me :D
    siochain wrote: »

Personally when I see anyone refer to something called "Eire" I just hear an Alan-Partidge type English voice in some call center using it to denote a postcode. Other than that it's a word that used to be on the back of coins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Please explain? Unless it's some kind of illegal thingy then just PM me :D

Personally when I see anyone refer to something called "Eire" I just hear an Alan-Partidge type English voice in some call center using it to denote a postcode. Other than that it's a word that used to be on the back of coins.

It still is...and other than that, its also the name of the island as well as the sovereign state in the first official language of the country. Don't see the issue with its use to be honest.

Jayo_M wrote: »
    It still is...and other than that, its also the name of the island as well as the sovereign state in the first official language of the country. Don't see the issue with its use to be honest.

No issue with it, it's just funny and not often used.

davmol wrote: »
    Isnt CHannel 1 on 121 (sky digital) replacing Bravo?Its the same programmes jsut wonder would the strikeforce shows transfer onto teh new 'Channel 1'!!

Channel One will be closing down soon.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/sep/15/bravo-channel-one-bdkyb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

F4WOnline.com said in their update last night that Eurosport will be showing Strikeforce. The 4th of December show will be airing on Eurosport 2 at the weekend. I'm not sure what the situation is with this coming show though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Jayo_M wrote: »

The rest of the thread title and OP is in English. It just sounds stupid in that context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

Fozzy wrote: »
    F4WOnline.com said in their update last night that Eurosport will be showing Strikeforce. The 4th of December show will be airing on Eurosport 2 at the weekend. I'm not sure what the situation is with this coming show though

Fingers crossed they will show it on Eurosport HD too!

do you mean 4th of February?

Not if it's on Eurosport 2. Unless of course you get your Eurosport 2 from Eastern Europe or Scandinavia. These are the only areas where Eurosport 2 HD exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

do you mean 4th of February?

No, the 4th of December show with Henderson vs Babalu

Although I was just checking my tv and nothing about Strikeforce is listed. Perhaps it's on the European Eurosport and not the British Eurosport that I get

Fozzy wrote: »
    No, the 4th of December show with Henderson vs Babalu

Although I was just checking my tv and nothing about Strikeforce is listed. Perhaps it's on the European Eurosport and not the British Eurosport that I get

yeah i had a look at the listings last night and no sign of it - i have british eurosport aswel. i seen that card anyway but id watch it again if it was on.

I can't see any mention of it on European Eurosport either.

. Other than that it's a word that used to be on the back of coins.

maybe for you, but for anyone with and sort of intrested in our heritage and culture its the proper name for this island.

baz2009 wrote: »
    The rest of the thread title and OP is in English. It just sounds stupid in that context.

your computer readds out boards to you .... :pac:

if he had of but the rest of the title and post in Irish the majority wouldn't have had a clue what he was on about.

Strikeforce is currently on Eurosport 2 from Eastern Europe. I have no idea of showing times for British Eurosport 2.

maybe for you, but for anyone with and sort of intrested in our heritage and culture its the proper name for this island.

The context is humourous, not the actual word.

You'd a man named chair would understand this.

The context is humourous, not the actual word.

You'd a man named chair would understand this.

yeah, check again...

explains a lot :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

You'd a man named chair

Haha! Hard luck:p although he is missing two fadas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement