Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using dried lasagne sheets for cannelloni

Options
  • 08-01-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hey,

I have some spinach and ricotta in the fridge and i wanted to make cannelloni.

Could I use dried lasagne sheets if I blanched them first?? I also have dried wholemeal spaghetti and would be willing to try making wholemeal pasta dough if anyone has any inspiration?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I've never used dried lasagne sheets, but I normally use the fresh ones from the supermarket to make cannelloni, as opposed to the cannelloni tubes themselves.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to fully cook the dried sheets, as blanching would only soften them slightly and chances are they might break when rolled.

Good luck and tell us how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

This worked really well actually...cooked the lasagne sheets til they were just short of al dente.

They were easy to work with and with 20 mins in the oven with the sauce..they were nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jhynes2009

Would never have thought of that! Does the lasagne sheet stick to itself? Must give this a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

I'd just make a sheet of fresh pasta -
    2 teacups flour
    3 eggs
    tbs salt
    2 tablespoons olive oil

Whack in blender, mix for a minute - leave sit for 20 minutes wrapped in clingfilm

roll out on a floured board, cut to size

Use an egg wash to seal

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

jhynes2009 wrote: »
    Would never have thought of that! Does the lasagne sheet stick to itself? Must give this a try!

Nope...I used 6 sheets in a medium sized pot..just put in a swirl of olive oil to make sure they dont stick. I then put some spinach and ricotta on half and rolled it up. I was going to make dough but said id give the dried stuff a shot and was grand...I would say to cook it just underdone as the oven cooking will then bring it al dente.

• Advertisement
Advertisement