Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Sydney

Options
  • 08-01-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey peeps, i have a friend out in sydney. I was thinkin bout going out there in late my early june, anyone know how lon you can go for without needing a visa? Also anyone know or can recommend a sight for booking flights? If i decide i want to stay longer over there how do i go about doing that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

I think you can stay on a holiday visa for three months and if you get a working holiday visa you can stay for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moving this over to Rec > Travel > Australia NZ ... they're more expert on WHV rules than we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

brian_ie wrote: »
    Hey peeps, i have a friend out in sydney. I was thinkin bout going out there in late my early june, anyone know how lon you can go for without needing a visa? Also anyone know or can recommend a sight for booking flights? If i decide i want to stay longer over there how do i go about doing that?

You cant come to Australia without a visa unless you are a citizen.

You need to apply for 3 or 6 month tourist visa, if you want to stay longer you can apply for WHV which will give you 12-24 months. You can only apply for the WHV outside of Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

6 month holiday visa is your best bet if yu are 100% not staying for the year, no point getting the whv if you won't use it all (as you only get one shot at a 1stWHV, and 2nd is dependant on that)

Advertisement