Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best things about ul?

Options
  • 08-01-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Being a first year just wondering from older students what would you consider best things about ul?
    One thing i like is using the computers friday afternoons/evenings when all is quiet and most people are gone home. Pure relaxing. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

How sound most of the lecturers and tutors are. Some semesters you can be really lucky and have the craic. Im really glad I can say I've gone to class because i enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

If you'll allow me to blow my own trumpet/thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055559897

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭FerrisBueller

Where to even start: My course, the people I've met, clubs/socs, the arena (although the prices still annoy me) what was mentioned aboe about how most of the lecturers/tutors are so sound (I was genuinely surprised by how approachable they've all been) but I have to say I think The Lodge has a special place inside my liver. Wasn't a big fan of it in 1st year but I'm all for it now! Damn I'll miss the place when I'm gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nash19

I think the grounds are amazing and most of the people are nice and easy going.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

You're all right. Most people i've met are a lot nicer than in my secondary school, the lecturers are very nice, i find the sociology lecturers very approachable, even my history lecturer has taken a shine to me but in general they're all very nice, the grounds are great, can't wait when spring comes along and being able to relax out on the grass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Java's!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

I love heading up to the pool room too to have a bit of a laugh and the arena is great. The lecturers i have approached so far are nice people. Have only seen the president once or twice but he seems grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

<3 the Library when it's quiet. Like around this time of year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

The beautiful grounds and how green the place is.
    Being able to pop up to the Sports Bar for yummy toasted special and chips and possibly bumping into a Munster rugby player, some up and coming star or an international athlete over for some training. We are in the thick of the sporting action in fairness!
    All the options for eating.
    SU rolls.
    That we are out of Limerick city like a whole little world but venturing into the city is pretty fun too.
    To be able to say to the friends who all went to UCC in a big gang: " Yeah, we dont see any stabbings" and mean it :cool:
    Its so relaxed. You can go to lectures in a hoody and O Neills and not feel pressure. But when you decide to go all out and put a bit of effort in you get some admiring glances!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The variety of live music on offer, year in year out.

Oh, wait....

• Advertisement
Advertisement