Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facilities Management at Portobello Institute

Options
  • 08-01-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Just a quick question regarding the above course. I am wondering what the employment prospects of Facilities Management are at the moment in Ireland, or indeed abroad.

I have a background in Business Studies and am currently working as an Assistant Branch Manager for a Rental Car company.

I have wanted to enter the Facilities Management industry for a number of years and am considering taking this course in order to gain entry.

Does anyone have any thought or opinions on the course in general? Or if they know if it presents a significant advantage to someones career/CV?

Any thoughts appreciated!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Guy-Incognito

How are things
    Just seeing if you got any feedback on facilities mgt as a profession or the course offered by portobello. I am thinking about enrolling for the course starting in feb. Like yourself not sure about prospects like any industry at the moment- and I worked with car rental co as well(must be something in the water)
    Regards
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Hey Incognito,

Not too much info out there to be honest. I am heading to the Choices 2011 event in RDS this weekend tho, and they are exhibiting. If i find out more i will let you know.

It looks like a good course I think, I found the awarding institute and other info on the course:

http://www.i-l-m.com/learn-with-ilm/4557.aspx?tab=1

see ya there,

LOL
    :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wonderground

Hi I would not recommend wasting your money on a course at this school.They are all over the place and communication is non existent.The FM course is not recognised in Ireland by the IPFMA who run a degree course with DIT.
    There are no opportunities to get jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 steo.kelleher

"I can confirm that the Level 3 Facilities Management is aligned on the NFQ at level 5..
    I can also confirm that we will issue a letter on request confirming this to go with the candidate's certificate, but later this year we will be issuing certificates with the aligned level on them, as we have permission to do this from NFQ - we will keep you posted officially of this."

This confirms that the Falilities Managment course at Portobello is a reliable course, and I look forward to joining it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

"I can confirm that the Level 3 Facilities Management is aligned on the NFQ at level 5..
    I can also confirm that we will issue a letter on request confirming this to go with the candidate's certificate, but later this year we will be issuing certificates with the aligned level on them, as we have permission to do this from NFQ - we will keep you posted officially of this."

This confirms that the Falilities Managment course at Portobello is a reliable course, and I look forward to joining it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055684525

Beware of portobello institute.

• Advertisement
Advertisement