Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cant wait for college :D

• 08-01-2011 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Can anyone else just not wait??? I know I should be concentrating on the studies and everything but I JUST CANT WAIT! It's gonna be savage!
    I told my parents I was moving out in september and I thought they'd be like...oh no you should stay here for the first year at least but they were just like off with ya so :pac:
    haha so is anyone else thinking of moving out??
    What are you most looking forward to next year?? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Well for me its the year after next but OMG SO EXCITED ALREADY!!!

I've been at a load of open days and I'm like how much would it take for you to let me skip the leaving and just come here now? I don't know about moving out, ****s expensive and if no-one cooked for me I'd probably forget to eat and starve XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

I've been at a load of open days and I'm like how much would it take for you to let me skip the leaving and just come here now? I don't know about moving out, ****s expensive and if no-one cooked for me I'd probably forget to eat and starve XD

Haha same it'll be st.Bernard's pasta for me I think 7 nights a week, but oh well, all in the experience I guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Same here. Haven't been to any open days though and haven't a clue what I want to do :(.. But roll on college :). I hate secondary school sooo much :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I'm excited :) Even though I know it'll be hard work and all, I'm looking forward to the independance and that bitta craic like.
    And also leaving secondary school not having to study the likes of irish again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

All I can say is enjoy every last second of it...by far and away the time of your life!!! Best of luck with the LC first though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

This is basically the only source of motivation I have.
    Have a good bit of money available should get through first two years without any loans.

Told parents already have to move county ,course is not available in waterford ,as it is a s***thole !(sorry to anyone planning on going there)
    Looking forward to going away had planned this from 3rd year,done a cooking course during summer of 5th year thought it was a fairly good way of spending 5th year summer,highly recommended ,good way of learnin too if you don't really now how to be self-sufficient!

Really looking forward to the complete change in the srtucture of education,like why do we really accept the pathetic bullsh!t demands teachers give us! Eg: If I don't want to take of my jacket because it's minus 4 degrees & this school is too cheap to turn the heating on,why should I really listen to this pathetic women abusing her power,while wearing a coat summoned from the depths of the antartica! (got 2 days suspension for that):D

The single thing I really can't wait for ,is a change .Have really growing bored of the same monotonous crap every day,combined with the second class citizen treatment recieved from 90% of teachers who think thier the best thing that will ever happen to your life!There is a small few exceptions though some genuinely nice people that are teachrs I do recognise this too but the rest are terrible !

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I feel the same way. Its more the change I'm looking forward to. I'll have to uproot and move away from home. No colleges in Wexford! Very much looking forward to it though. Chance to do something completely different, learn about things that I actually care about (lets face it...who really cares about Irish poetry!), and become a lot more independent. I plan on being home every weekend though! I know my culinery skills well enough to realize that without at least one decent, properly made feed a week I might die! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

I'm unbelievably excited! I'm gonna have to commute, but so are my friends so I'm kinda looking forward to the catch up on the bus and whatnot too. Mostly I'm exited to leave this town behind. Also, no more Irish, English or French. Languages are not my thing.
    I can't wait to meet new people, and make new friends. And have a bitta independence too. :D Only like, 9 months now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭AislingMarie

Cant freakin' wait!!...
    Ugh just the thoughts of having to get into my stupid uniform tomorrow and back to all those ****ty subjects >:(

I love my friends and all but bring on a bit of change...
    New county new people!!
    Whoop whoop!!xxx:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I cannot wait. I've never experienced such narrow-mindedness as in my school. They are such bimbos and tarts and nobody with a brain ever gets listened to. I can't wait to meet like-minded people in college. That'll be the day! Bring it on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

I just can't wait for it. I did TY, which is optional in my school, so I've a load of friends already in college, who make sure whenever they're back to brag about not having the whole Leaving Cert left... ahh well, only a few months to go now. Might as well get it over with :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You should all bookmark this thread and read back over it when you find yourselves bitching about college, which you will.

Not that it'll be justified of course - college is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Patri wrote: »
    I know I should be concentrating on the studies and everything but I JUST CANT WAIT! It's gonna be savage!

Ha you can and should wait. You might not realise it, but you will miss school. Ya see everybody gets excited about the craic that they think they'll have, the booze, the parties, the women (or lads) they'll have. But the big thing is, no-one ever thinks about the money problems, the borin lectures, the annoyin projects or tutorials. But come exam time you'll hate college, cause you'll realise you've done nothin for the past 10 and a half weeks, and spend the next week and a half panicin and crammin.

Another thing people say is "at least i'll be doin somethin i love". WRONG, unless your very lucky and go straight into the stuff you thought you'd be doin. I mean, i'm doin dentistry, and had that opinion. But I never thought I'd have around 7 hours of physics a week, have to learn about the big bang, hybridization or photosynthesis. But I do.

But this is why you'll love college!!!! IT IS SAVAGE:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Junior D wrote: »
    But the big thing is, no-one ever thinks about the money problems, the borin lectures, the annoyin projects or tutorials. But come exam time you'll hate college, cause you'll realise you've done nothin for the past 10 and a half weeks, and spend the next week and a half panicin and crammin.

Wow! what a way to put a downer on the ''can't wait for college'' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

NotExactly wrote: »
    Wow! what a way to put a downer on the ''can't wait for college'' thread.

Ha look, I know it seems a bit much, but nobody ever mentions this stuff, and when people finally reach college it hits em like a brick wall. But as I've said when you look back at your time in college you'll love this stuff about it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Junior D wrote: »
    Ha you can and should wait. You might not realise it, but you will miss school. Ya see everybody gets excited about the craic that they think they'll have, the booze, the parties, the women (or lads) they'll have. But the big thing is, no-one ever thinks about the money problems, the borin lectures, the annoyin projects or tutorials. But come exam time you'll hate college, cause you'll realise you've done nothin for the past 10 and a half weeks, and spend the next week and a half panicin and crammin.

Another thing people say is "at least i'll be doin somethin i love". WRONG, unless your very lucky and go straight into the stuff you thought you'd be doin. I mean, i'm doin dentistry, and had that opinion. But I never thought I'd have around 7 hours of physics a week, have to learn about the big bang, hybridization or photosynthesis. But I do.

But this is why you'll love college!!!! IT IS SAVAGE:D:D

Wise words I suppose :) In any course I want to do, I have to do physics and chemistry....which I havent done before but oh well bring on the booze and ladies! The Stiffmeister has arrived :cool:

Advertisement