Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Model selection

• 08-01-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

How's everyone doing i'm setting up a new website at the moment to cater for all things to do with the media. One of the sections I am going to be using is a model selection service. This will beat most model rates throughout the city and in turn be cheaper on you photographers.

I would like some feedback on this idea. This isn't a modeling agency by the way this is getting fresh and new up coming models out into the spotlight to give them a chance.

cheers
    evan.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-problemo-productions/145804242139947 please do like our facebook too would be a big help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Neasha

I recommend creating a page on here and contacting the irish photogeraphers.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Ever heard of time for print? I doubt many enthusiasts pay the models they use. It's in the model's best interest to offer their time for pro-quality prints or digital copies. Scratch one another's back so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

You will be very hard stretched to find

a) a photographer that will pay a model for portfolio work, if the work is through a client then they will provide and select the model. Especially when they can go onto a site like model mayhem and contact most girls who would probably be of the same calibre as the ones that would be on your site and get them to shoot for free or tfp.

b) models that are worth having on your website, if they are 'models' but are not signed to one of the many agencies they are probably not going to be that good which will probably have a negative effect on your site. And also if you are charging rates and helping models get into the spotlight, as much as you say your not, to some degree you are a model agency.

Dont want to sound to negative but its an industry i work in and i really think you would be wasting your time to an extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Modelmayhem is already there for the people who are looking to shoot on TF projects. If people are looking for professional models for serious jobs, you are going to go through an agency to get experienced girls.

Had a 10 second look at your facebook page and failed to see how models would fit in there?

Advertisement