Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"**** Yeah Cute Trans Chicks" tumblr

• 09-01-2011 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

http://****yeahcutetranschicks.tumblr.com/

this is a place that I think tries to challenge preconceptions people have about trans women, where many young trans women will post pictures of themselves.

the url probably won't make it past the swear filter so you'll have to type in the F word where the **** is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Ah, you found it too? Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Links234 wrote: »
    http://****yeahcutetranschicks.tumblr.com/

this is a place that I think tries to challenge preconceptions people have about trans women, where many young trans women will post pictures of themselves.

the url probably won't make it past the swear filter so you'll have to type in the F word where the **** is.

I'm sorry, but that website is full of masculine looking trannies, so if it's supposed to be changing preconceptions it's shooting itself in the foot!

This one is ok though: http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldw8bjH8sJ1qexjmyo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1294682673&Signature=%2BD39cbZOBVqdjMqPgojdxoUdXGE%3D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

There's a broad mix with the majority extremely passable and cute. Knowing that it is a transsexual website, you may be subconsciously looking at for male features that you wouldn't otherwise pick up on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Endymion wrote: »
    There's a broad mix with the majority extremely passable and cute. Knowing that it is a transsexual website, you may be subconsciously looking at for male features that you wouldn't otherwise pick up on.

That's it mostly, people will look for those features. I sent my friend one or two photos of women and he was impressed, then I told him she was trans. Then he spent time trying to peel back the layers and find a man in her some where. Quite possibly my greatest insecurity when transitioning and being able to pass and whether I should tell people or not I'm trans if I do pass well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

... you may be subconsciously looking at for male features that you wouldn't otherwise pick up on.
    It's certainly the case for most of them, but there are a few who for one reason or another aren't entirely convincing. I think it has to do with how they hold themselves, rather than how they look exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Hexydezimal

I'm sorry, but that website is full of masculine looking trannies, so if it's supposed to be changing preconceptions it's shooting itself in the foot!
    Women come in all shapes and sizes, and so do transsexual women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

This one is ok though: http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldw8bjH8sJ1qexjmyo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1294682673&Signature=%2BD39cbZOBVqdjMqPgojdxoUdXGE%3D

You've missed the point entirely. By challenging misconceptions it's meant as the misconceptions that transwomen go around in mini skirts and are caked with make up. I had a look, they don't look as unpassable as you make out at all. Sure, I've seen more feminine and attractive transwomen but as I already said that's not the point.

EDIT: Pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Louisevb

Looks are not everything and will depend on what the canvas is to begin with.
    Placing so much emphasis on looks does trans women no favours. However some trans women make no effort to blend in and pass and then wonder why they get abuse from transphobes.

I can see some male characteristics there but I also know genetic women with male characteristics too . A lot depends on body language, confidence too, the time of day and the make up and dress for such a time. It's not just about looks entirely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm at a loss to understand what this thread is hoping to achieve?

• Advertisement

An excuse to look at pictures of transsexuals?

The same thing Links's other threads demonstrates, that transsexuals are real people across a spectrum. They are real people in real environments. Some cute, some not, some hot, some not, some young, some old. You could have met any number of transsexuals in your daily life. The purpose of the thread is to challenge preconceptions. The negative energy isn't appreciated.

The same thing Links's other threads demonstrates, that transsexuals are real people across a spectrum. They are real people in real environments. Some cute, some not, some hot, some not, some young, some old. You could have met any number of transsexuals in your daily life.
    So its simply another pic thread which could be merged into the other picture thread that is/was running ?
    The purpose of the thread is to challenge preconceptions.
    Other than reenforcing the idea that looks are important I'm not sure what it challenges.
    The negative energy isn't appreciated.
    You'll get over it.

Well I think the other picture threads have a focus on cataloguing transitions and saying "look and be amazed". Physical appearances are important Rev, it's a strawman argument to suggest they shouldn't be. Our first impressions of others is often based on how they look, we haven't evolved pass that. I suppose you could argue the thread is the same as the others in that they are all about challenging preconceptions. I personally think it's fine as a standalone.

Well I think the other picture threads have a focus on cataloguing transitions and saying "look and be amazed". Physical appearances are important Rev, it's a strawman argument to suggest they shouldn't be. Our first impressions of others is often based on how they look, we haven't evolved pass that. I suppose you could argue the thread is the same as the others in that they are all about challenging preconceptions. I personally think it's fine as a standalone.

fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Would it be fair to say that other thread gives a too idealistic view of the possible outcome of transitioning and this one gives a more balanced view?

Or did I just completely misunderstand what you're saying? Wouldn't be the first time :o

azezil wrote: »
    Would it be fair to say that other thread gives a too idealistic view of the possible outcome of transitioning and this one gives a more balanced view?

Yes, absolutely spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

the point is kinda similar to this I think: http://stophatingyourbody.tumblr.com/

Advertisement