Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlebar Query

Options
  • 09-01-2011 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Im staying in Castlebar for the weekend in 3 weeks time and Im just wondering what all nightlife there is, ie pubs and clubs to go to? There doesnt seem to be much links on the net for any. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Quayman10 wrote: »
    Hi,

Im staying in Castlebar for the weekend in 3 weeks time and Im just wondering what all nightlife there is, ie pubs and clubs to go to? There doesnt seem to be much links on the net for any. Any help is appreciated.

bosh bar

rocky's bar

bar one

all down the bottom of the town.

late bar in welcome inn hotel and a niteclub

niteclub up the other end of the town in the tf hotel.

i havent been out in castlebar in ages though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Quayman10

irishgeo wrote: »
    bosh bar

rocky's bar

bar one

all down the bottom of the town.

late bar in welcome inn hotel and a niteclub

niteclub up the other end of the town in the tf hotel.

i havent been out in castlebar in ages though.

Cool, thats grand thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

The Welcome Inn is in receivership, so may not be open in 3 weeks. Only nightclub will then be in the Travellers Friend which is at the opposite end of the town.

The Welcome Inn is in receivership, so may not be open in 3 weeks. Only nightclub will then be in the Travellers Friend which is at the opposite end of the town.

****ing hell, that news to me. when did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

****ing hell, that news to me. when did that happen?

Irishgeo, you've sent me checking, with that reaction:) I stand corrected, but there was much noise around the town last week about it. Now I note none of the local rags have mentioned it this week, but I can see where the report came from. They had only a few weddings last year & that has'nt helped their case. Had damn all functions over Christmas. Extended family had late drinks in it on the Thursday (I think) after Christmas and they were the only people there. No nightclub either !!!

• Advertisement

Irishgeo, you've sent me checking, with that reaction:) I stand corrected, but there was much noise around the town last week about it. Now I note none of the local rags have mentioned it this week, but I can see where the report came from. They had only a few weddings last year & that has'nt helped their case. Had damn all functions over Christmas. Extended family had late drinks in it on the Thursday (I think) after Christmas and they were the only people there. No nightclub either !!!

i havent been in the place in ages. the last time i was in the niteclub, some guy headbutted a girl right behind me. i refused to go into it after that.

i prefer westport to be honest. the castlecourt is a much nicer than any niteclub in castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

There are rumours to that effect, and some even went as far as to say the hotel was closed last week but while stories of the demise of the Welcome Inn may turn out to be true, for the time being they are only rumours and nothing more that that so be careful what you state as fact.

Edit: I only saw your other post now
    I stand corrected, but there was much noise around the town last week about it
    Apologies, I posted after reading your first post about it

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

i prefer westport to be honest. the castlecourt is a much nicer than any niteclub in castlebar.
    far better nitelife in westport than castlebar. and its only down da road

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Go out in westport. No comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gunne

Quayman10 wrote: »
    Hi,

you should go to bohola.its only 10 mins in a taxi and its the best nightlife youl get anywhere in the west full of hen partys etc on saturday nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Hi,

get into Westport...live music and late bars.... Henehans, Mat Molloys, Clock Tavern....list goes on..
    Paul

www.thepaulkband.com

Advertisement