Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function Room Hire

Options
  • 09-01-2011 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My 21st is coming up this Spring and I'm hoping to secure a venue that will be relatively suitable for the majority of the people I'll be inviting. Can anyone recommend a venue in Dublin 12/6/6w/24 that could cater for 50-100 people and has a late bar licence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ia

St Marys rugby club in templeville road is great for partys been to a few 21st there.

Think thats D6 or D6w

Dnt know what postcode mount merrion is but there is a good function room in kielys of mount merrion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

You have a good selection of Sports clubs in that catchment area. You will have to ask them to apply for a bar extension and probably pay for the staffs extra hours.

St Judes GAA Dublin 6w
    Ballyboden St Endas Dublin 16
    St Marys RFC Dublin 6w
    Terenure College RFC Dublin 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

thegen wrote: »
    You will have to ask them to apply for a bar extension and probably pay for the staffs extra hours.

You really shouldn't be paying for extra staff these days. The venue should be taking your hand off the the opportunity of bringing 50-100 spending customers into their outlet. Some pubs are offering free finger food for large parties (e.g. http://www.facebook.com/waterloocelebration).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Application for a late bar extension involves a trip to the circuit court and a fee of about €500 so no sports club will serve late after 12.30 (officially anyway ;) .

From my experience of 21st parties its common enough to have a big party in a function room and then head on into a club around midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try The Pines on Whitehall Road. I've been to a few functions in the upstairs function room. Not sure about the late licence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement