Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Flown Air Asia Long Haul?

Options
  • 09-01-2011 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has flown Melbourne to London Stansted?

They seem to be the cheapest by far. Looking to go home in September and most places are quoting $1100-1200

Air Asia are quoting around $700 with Luggage.

Just wondering if there is a catch. I see you have to pay for your meal but to be fair I can rarely eat the stuff they give on planes anyway so I think I'd skip that and just by a sandwich in the airport.

Any horror stories I should know about before booking please share!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has flown Melbourne to London Stansted?

They seem to be the cheapest by far. Looking to go home in September and most places are quoting $1100-1200

Air Asia are quoting around $700 with Luggage.

Just wondering if there is a catch. I see you have to pay for your meal but to be fair I can rarely eat the stuff they give on planes anyway so I think I'd skip that and just by a sandwich in the airport.

Any horror stories I should know about before booking please share!

I flew from London to Kuala Lumpar last Feb and have no complaints - sure you'll pay for your own food and drink but there's nothing stopping you from eating something before and after the flight and a snack in between.

If you work your body clock right you can be ready for "bed" just in time to board the flight. Bottle of wine or a few pints and you'll wake up 8hours later if your not too light a sleeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

Thats amazing value

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

Thats amazing value

Yeah I thought that too. And after another quick search, If I go the monday before, 29th August its around $620 with luggage.

Cant beat that!

Advertisement