Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chinese in Galway?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

the dang tang noodle house beside the dail bar is excellent ,fresh food and msg free would recommend it to anyone looking for authentic chinese food!!
    oR3um.jpg

As long as you don't put the weird sauce crap onto anything that's a great meal with mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 davidmcginty

rivalius13 wrote: »
    oR3um.jpg

As long as you don't put the weird sauce crap onto anything that's a great meal with mates.
    oh the hot pot its just the best and i agree about the weird sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JnarF

Royal Villa run the place beside Supermacs Eyre Sq now as well.

I'm afraid you're wrong there. No connection at all. Separate owners. Golden Rickshaw is good. Royal Villa in Salthill is great also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

JnarF wrote: »
    I'm afraid you're wrong there. No connection at all. Separate owners. Golden Rickshaw is good. Royal Villa in Salthill is great also.

No Im not (unless they changed ownership since last week).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Another + for China Garden in WellPark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JnarF

No Im not (unless they changed ownership since last week).

Sorry but you are. The Royal Villa is owned by Charlie Chan and family. The Villa in Salthill used to be owned by his brother in law William who the sold it to a chef of his called Ah Fung (almost a year ago) who recently opened the Villa in Eyre Square. He still owns the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Bamboo Takeaway for Curries only (everything else is terrible) and I quite like Emperor City on Dominick Street too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

My Favourite is da tang, but I also like the Ming Garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I love China Garden in wellpark, always go there. odd time i venture to the villa in salthill, tis pretty nice too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

I treat myself to an outing to Charlie Chans Royal Villa above the Altlantaquaria in Salthill every once in a while, hes a real friendly fella too, the guy just never seems to age and he must be around town 20+ years at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭JGEP

Oriental Palace in Salthill would be my number 1, only had takeaway there but no MSG and meat quality is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Another +1 for China Garden for me too. Nice and friendly in there too and always has the days papers to read while waiting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Three pages and we haven't had some middle class outrage at the popularity of takeaway food? For shame.

Do Bamboo still do the jumbo spring roll that was a meal in itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Robbo wrote: »
    Three pages and we haven't had some middle class outrage at the popularity of takeaway food? For shame.

Do Bamboo still do the jumbo spring roll that was a meal in itself?

Hmmm yes, quite... well you see Chinese food is a taste of culture not like that KFC muck *strokes chin*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

JnarF wrote: »
    Sorry but you are. The Royal Villa is owned by Charlie Chan and family. The Villa in Salthill used to be owned by his brother in law William who the sold it to a chef of his called Ah Fung (almost a year ago) who recently opened the Villa in Eyre Square. He still owns the business.

Yep youre right. Got my Villas mixed up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Hmmm yes, quite... well you see Chinese food is a taste of culture not like that KFC muck *strokes chin*
    Indeed Confucius himself wrote of his musings on the 3-in-1 and how a bag of prawn crackers will appear from the ether even if not ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Epicness Personified

King Ding in rahoon FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

Curry house in Newcastle is fairly decent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

China garden in wellpark all the way for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

chinese over the aquarium in salthill is good and does deals during the week, the duck is great. tamarind is very good value at lunchtime!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Mmmmm JUMBO spring roll and curry from Bamboo! Whenever we get a takeaway from that place I make my BF go in because the cut of the place turns me off the food!

My Favourite was Asian fusion in Oranmore but its now Royal Villa, havent tried it since it was taken over.
    Or Chinaman also in Oranmore, Amber fire shredded chicken!!!! Oh im hungry now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Chinatown opposite the hospital is quite nice. Not great, but a decent feed and their curry sauce for their dishes is actually really good. Ming Garden above Maxwell's restaurant on Eglinton Street is nice too, but a bit expensive. The Villa in Salthill is one to avoid as far as I'm concerned. Got the most foul tasting chicken and rice I've ever had from a Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Bamboo for me....its the only place in Galway where you can get that rare chinese delicacy of Chicken Maryland served with authentic Sausage and Rasher :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

curry house in newcastle is the one i always dial for take out. royal villa very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The Chinese across from The Spinnaker hotel in Salthill is nice. I can't remember the name.
    Very very friendly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

amiable wrote: »
    The Chinese across from The Spinnaker hotel in Salthill is nice. I can't remember the name.
    Very very friendly too.

nearly sure that they are the same people who own cappagh chinese. both places are fine, but not a patch on the two i mentioned above.

nearly sure that they are the same people who own cappagh chinese. both places are fine, but not a patch on the two i mentioned above.
    Well thats your opinion my friend and you are entitled to it as i am mine and the 2 you have mentioned haven't a patch on the Chinese i like IMO

Chinatown opposite the hospital is quite nice. Not great, but a decent feed and their curry sauce for their dishes is actually really good. Ming Garden above Maxwell's restaurant on Eglinton Street is nice too, but a bit expensive. The Villa in Salthill is one to avoid as far as I'm concerned. Got the most foul tasting chicken and rice I've ever had from a Chinese.
    I personally don't understand why people go to a chinese for a curry. Imo an Indian is the only place for a curry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I live just down the road from China Garden and have never been there, i must give it a go tonight! I've almost always ordered from Golden Rickshaw, or sometimes the place opposite the Roisin Dubh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

amiable wrote: »
    I personally don't understand why people go to a chinese for a curry. Imo an Indian is the only place for a curry
    Well if they're like me they prefer a Chinese curry to an Indian one. I have a strong dislike of most Indian food.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement