Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chinese in Galway?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Two totally different types of curry. Depends what you like.
    Some people like McDonalds fries. Other people like McDonaghs chips. Simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Two totally different types of curry. Depends what you like.
    Some people like McDonalds fries. Other people like McDonaghs chips. Simples!
    I must apologise as i didn't mean for my post to sound like everyone should like the same as me. I just meant its my opinion that Indian is a better curry.
    I think and i'm open to correction here that the chinese curry we see in Irish Chinese restaurants was just developed for the market here?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

amiable wrote: »
    I think and i'm open to correction here that the chinese curry we see in Irish Chinese restaurants was just developed for the market here?

In much a similar manner to the indian food we enjoy over here ;) yes, it has been developed for this market.

Mactard wrote: »
    In much a similar manner to the indian food we enjoy over here ;) yes, it has been developed for this market.
    I beg to differ there cos i know a few Indian restaurants and they are only happy to help you choose authentic Indian curry where as there isn't authentic chinese curry afaik.
    I agree certain 'Indian' dishes like Balti have been developed in the west.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

amiable wrote: »
    I beg to differ there

You can, until your face turns blue, won't change the reality that the indan food we get here is worlds apart from the food got in north/south india, pakistan, etc...

PS. I love indian food ;) and am not at all a fan of chinese take away curry

• Advertisement

You can, until your face turns blue, won't change the reality that the indan food we get here is worlds apart from the food got in north/south india, pakistan, etc...

PS. I love indian food ;) and am not at all a fan of chinese take away curry
    Thanks for the permission. Its very easy to find authentic indian food here in my humble opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I love Indian myself but I wish there was a proper Indian Takeaway in Galway. I hate standing in the middle of a restaurant waiting for my food while people are eating around me. I would prefer just to go to a counter like in a Chinese/chipper etc.

I love Indian myself but I wish there was a proper Indian Takeaway in Galway. I hate standing in the middle of a restaurant waiting for my food while people are eating around me. I would prefer just to go to a counter like in a Chinese/chipper etc.
    Yeah it can be too tempting to ask them to give a few starters to be washed down with a bottle of beer while you are waiting looking at all the yummy food around you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

won't change the reality that the indan food we get here is worlds apart from the food got in north/south india, pakistan, etc...
    I completely agree, this goes for pretty much all asian food IMO
    Italians and the like may be somewhat different and easier to authenticate but I've yet to taste any asian food that tastes the same in a restaurant here as it did in the country of origin!

I know the market probably isn't there but I would love if there was a korean restaurant in galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭niamhocxox

Hey I'm new to Galway and would like to get a really good chinese take away tomorrow evening.

There is a thread on it but its 3 years old......:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They're all pretty ok but Curry House and Golden Mountain are best imo.

Merged with last Chinese in Galway thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

The Nut House on Bridge Street is without doubt the best Chinese in Galway.

€7 for a meal, sit in or takeaway.

On a side note, was down in Cork a few days ago and went into an Indian where I got:

1 Popadom
    Large Naan
    Veg Curry
    Rice
    Can of Coke

for......€5.99. The restaurant was more casual than a carpeted, fancy Indian. Did the job, and cheap as hell.

If a cheapish Indian place opened in Galway, they'd make a killin'. Even with the 20% off takeaway option with Kashmir, it's still pretty expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

We've used the chinese where the easy-to-rob-shop was in Gleann Dara a few times recently. Very good, and not expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭niamhocxox

Okay so I went through the thread and these are the ones that popped up alot :

Curry House
    Royal Villa
    King Ding
    Golden Mountain
    Kings Court
    China Garden

Now I just have to choose one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Royal Villa out in Salthil is very impressive, and their mid week special is alwys great value! had a love chicken dish there a few weeks ago very tasty. Family enjoyed it also, Always rare actualy going out for chinease instead of doing a take away, usualy for sit down meals would venture for indian or other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Fey! wrote: »
    We've used the chinese where the easy-to-rob-shop was in Gleann Dara a few times recently. Very good, and not expensive.

That's King Ding!

I don't eat Chinese take away very often, but I found King Ding quite good.

I rate Chinese take aways by how oily their food and sauces are. Less oily the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

JGEP wrote: »
    Oriental Palace in Salthill would be my number 1, only had takeaway there but no MSG and meat quality is pretty good.
    MSG =/= bad. I'd stick some on when I got home to make it awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement