Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best 7 seater for 4k?

• 09-01-2011 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

What are people opinions ?

Looking for space and french cars are precluded. Year 00 and up.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How big do you need?

Zafira size?
    Galaxy size?
    Espace size?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭MarkoC

As i also have 2 dogs and third baby on the way next month, id say Zafira style would be small for us and galaxy models(sharan/alhambra/galaxy( are too common ...
    Looking for reasonable bus with up to 2.5l engine, litle bit comfort and with reasonable spare parts prices.

Cheers

Does it have to be diesel?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Does it have to be diesel?
    Would be an advantage but not very strict with that.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Look who's back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Ticks the comfort box anyway

Vito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

If you want the best bang for buck then have a look at the likes of a Hyundai Trajet, they are a big old bus with plenty of room for seven adults in comfort.
    Not a looker by any means, but a useful family tool all the same.

The seats do not fold flat like most of its newer counterparts but all 5 rear seats can be removed easily.
    removing the rear two seats will give you a massive loadbay that will easily hold two large dogs.

Don't bother with petrol engines, if you will be loading your MPV with people and bits n bobs on a regular basis then you will be thankful of the diesels torque and better economy.

Thanks guys so far :)

For some reason i always stayed away from Korean, Chinese and French cars ...
    So far i found few cars which i might concider:

Toyouta Previa 00 and up (hard to find diesel one)
    Mazda MPV 01 (dem bad on petrol but overall ok)
    Toyota Avensis Verso (thoughts ?)
    Honda Stream (little bit out of budget, not sure yet, have to ask from our granny lol )
    Mitsubishi Spacewagon 00 and up ( thoughts ? )
    Mazda Premacy Comfort 2.0 (very interesting find but not much reviews)

Chrysler Voyager (i know theyr weak points, but you wont fix them forever :D well, last in my list, no safety talk again please, theyr really good on diesel + theyr big and comfy)

Also visually i really like Vito V230 but after reading reviews im really got scared now ...

Any thought, ideas or additions here ?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭gerarda

Got one of these 2 years ago and it never gives trouble.

• Advertisement

gerarda wrote: »
    Got one of these 2 years ago and it never gives trouble.
    Also thought about them for a second, but they look so oldish in these days like early Previa models :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dustyrooms

i have a voyger with 5 years all i done is tyres and oil big comfortable bus . ok the seats fold down but not flat to the floor. but it can convert to a van in 3 min as just four clicks all seats are out.. good milage and mines petrol. i would buy a grand voyger in 2.5 d in the morning. they last for years. had a space wagon before that a bit zipper but comfort and space very little.

@ dustyrooms

If you dont mind, can you tell me what engine version you have ?
    The only thing scares me with 2.5 crd-s are the injectors (very pricey) and auto gearbox syncros

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dustyrooms

i have a 2.0 se manual , dont like auto torque converters very pricey .all said thats just me . diesel versa petrol . down to milage per month.

dustyrooms wrote: »
    i have a 2.0 se manual , dont like auto torque converters very pricey .all said thats just me . diesel versa petrol . down to milage per month.
    Oh right, so you have the first model so :)

Yes i agree here with the mileage thing, 2.5 crd is dem good in that, concidering to her size and weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

MarkoC wrote: »
    Thanks guys so far :)

For some reason i always stayed away from Korean, Chinese and French cars

Chinese cars? WTF?

pajo1981 wrote: »
    Chinese cars? WTF?
    Please dont go emotional here but we all know how good were korean cars in early this century, chinese ones are on the same level that korean ones were 10-15y ago :P Oh and i think Korean ones are better ones than frog cars lol
    Dont reply please, as thats not the issue here :)

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Land rover discovery td5

Yawlboy wrote: »
    Land rover discovery td5
    I get your humour lol
    Landrover second name is: "Support the UK economy" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

MarkoC wrote: »
    Please dont go emotional here but we all know how good were korean cars in early this century, chinese ones are on the same level that korean ones were 10-15y ago :P Oh and i think Korean ones are better ones than frog cars lol
    Dont reply please, as thats not the issue here :)

Cheers

Are you from Asia?

I only ask because Chinese cars are not available here.

• Advertisement

pajo1981 wrote: »
    Are you from Asia?

I only ask because Chinese cars are not available here.
    Does it matter where i am from ?

And we have open market, ANY car is available in Ireland if you good enough to bring anything in !
    I hope we wont discuss about it here anumore as its NOT the point of the topic.

Cheers

Advertisement