Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Where to stay in Dublin City?

Options
  • 09-01-2011 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Good Evening all!

My Fiance and I have decided to move to Dublin for 2 months for a different pace of life. He is a school teacher so therefore he will be on holidays.

We are looking for a place to rent for these 2 months.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Appreciate it! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You don't say where you are coming from or what you plan to do. It would normally make sense to live somewhere with appropriate transport for work, study, shopping, entertainment, etc., although that might be different in your case.

A lot of places that are available tend to be on 6-12 month contracts at a minimum, so you may have to pay a bit more than usual.

You might consider renting a room with someone, but realise that many people find sharing witha couple to be difficult.

www.daft.ie is the definitive place to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Thanks Victor:)

We are coming from Waterford and we want to move to Dublin for the 2 months as we feel we can do a lot in Dublin - shows etc.

I have looked on daft.ie but nothing for which we want. We don't really want to move in and rent a room.

It would be great if by then someone had a house idle that wanted 2 months rent if they were unable to rent it out but here's hoping!

Thanks for the heads up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

When? Where in Dublin? Budget?

As your partner is a teacher, is this for the summer? If so, too early to look, but you'll probably have an easier time finding something as students move out in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Thanks silja!

Yes it would be for just the summer.

Open to suggestions on where and budget is open as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement