Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Max Users No Upgrade To New Speed

• 09-01-2011 5:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭
    EMar Sounds

I'm on the broadband max package with upc.
    Every time a new speed is available they upgrade max customers freely.
    I was told on the phone in december they'd be releasing 100 megin january,
    Existing broadband max customers would be upgraded at no extra cost as usual.
    They told me the other day that the new 100meg is a different offer and we won't be upgraded freely.

Yea it's a different package, but only in speed, same as the previous ones.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Try the broadband forum, yo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Hear this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Try the broadband forum, yo!

Its too laaaaate, they have already started the AH derision. All he can do is batten down the hatches and wait it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I'd get your connection fixed first ,it's sending you to the wrong forums!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

It's to tie you into a new contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

From UPC

As per the records I can confirm that the 100 MB Broadband pack is not yet available at your location.
    As soon as it will be available at your location our sales department will notify you for the upgrades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sounds wrote: »
    From UPC

As per the records I can confirm that the 100 MB Broadband pack is not yet available at your location.
    As soon as it will be available at your location our sales department will notify you for the upgrades.

Call the care police

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Oooh, Max Package! La-de-da!

I gots me a 15 meg line, gets me 2 megs down to the gallon and thats the way I likes it.

Max Package is fo' city folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH->BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Sounds wrote: »
    I'm on the broadband max package with upc.
    Every time a new speed is available they upgrade max customers freely.
    I was told on the phone in december they'd be releasing 100 megin january,
    Existing broadband max customers would be upgraded at no extra cost as usual.
    They told me the other day that the new 100meg is a different offer and we won't be upgraded freely.

Yea it's a different package, but only in speed, same as the previous ones.
    there's a big difference between a 20mbps to 30mbps upgrade and a 30mbps to 100mbps upgrade.

who told you it would be a free upgrade?

it's been discussed to death in the broadband forum and nobody has ever mentioned the 100mbps upgrade being free.

upc have rolled out the 100mbps (or 120mbps in some areas) upgrades in most of their european territories and it has never been a free upgrade for anyone, but a new package for extreme users at additional cost.

there are rumours of a 60mbps upgrade for 30mbps users to bridge the gap in or around february, but that's just a rumour for now until (if/when) UPC officially announce it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There's already a 100M thread here, so this will be closed now. The upgrade was never going to be free, because the price for 100M is different (larger) than anything previously available. If you want it, sign up for it, if it's actually available to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement