Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming gigs?

Options
  • 09-01-2011 5:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Hey does anyone know of any upcoming gigs on campus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'm sure Viv would be able to give you a comprehensive outline of what we're planning, I don't have too much to do with it, but I do know that ents aren't going to be anyway big as we've sustained massive losses on ents for 3 consecutive years and we can't keep throwing good money after bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Hi Seloth,

At the minute we are planning a few on campus gigs, and looking at getting some comedy gigs back in the Monnet. As Derek said, we have had considerable losses regarding ENTs in the last few years, and we have had to scale back gigs somewhat. Last semester we did manage to make a healthy profit on the ENTs we did run, and also manage to have an event every week. This semester we are hoping to have somesort of event every week, be it a band, the cinema or a comedy gig- something for everyone if you will!

I am always open to suggestions, so feel free to e-mail me at sucso@ul.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 schuman_stalker

ninty9er wrote: »
    we've sustained massive losses on ents for 3 consecutive years and we can't keep throwing good money after bad.

Disclosing Union financial affairs on a public forum? I thought financial affairs were confidential? Commercially sensitive? Perhaps not.

Disclosing Union financial affairs on a public forum? I thought financial affairs were confidential? Commercially sensitive? Perhaps not.

The Unions accounts are presented at Class Reps Council regularly.

Perhaps you should try to understand more about Union policy before you attempt to troll.

http://www.ulsu.ie/about/su-constitution-and-policies

Love Viv x x x

Thanks for the love Viv ;)

Love aside, you obviously don't pay too much attention to the words which are said at council, particularly of late.... The financial records of the union seem to be a very sensitive issue for some people up there in SU HQ... If I'm not mistaken it was said that details of the accounts shouldn't be repeated outside that meeting. You're obviously not aware of the newfound secrecy of the financial records within the students union... According to article 38.6 of the constitution the accounts must be made available 2 days before council.... In all my years around this place I've yet to see that happen.... Why the secret??

• Advertisement

This is a thread about gigs. If you want to discuss the accounts start another one.

I'll leave that to our young prodigy :D

seriously though, the comedy gigs last year were fantastic with the option of buying a ticket for a number of them in the monnet... im in galway on coop this semester but i wouldn't mind coming back for them!

I agree the comedy gigs need to come back, but most of the comedians which are affordable, have all played here in the past two years. Also the comedy gigs last year didn't make a profit, so we wanted to hold off until semester 2 with these.

More info will be available in the coming weeks but I’m all up for suggestions on who to get but keep in mind the likes of Dara O B, Tommy Tiernan, etc... Are totally unrealistic for the Monnet, as there is only a capacity of 330!

Not to go too off topic I just want to answer your question, but Aoife has confirmed that the accounts have ALWAYS been available in her office six days before council. A whole four more than required by constitution. She also said that she says they are available in her office in the email that goes out to class reps with the agenda.

Despite what many people think, ULSU is not a conspiracy against students!

The info in the accounts is commercially sensitive in the weeks coming up to council, but not after… if you get me!

If you don’t mind me saying I’m delighted someone cares, and is willing to ask us questions, it shows that people actually care what we do and wants to make sure we are doing things properly. Thanks for asking the questions, and keep them coming! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

So that's a no to billy connolley? :(

Ben Shires is an extremely funny man. If you read that and say 'who?' I think it means he's not that expensive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

2 points

i dont understand why the student union is trying to do anything but break even on any events they run

i think better quality acts would lead to greater attendance and therefore greater revenue but iv said that since first year and the quality of acts hasnt improved at all. given that im now in 4th i doubt i will ever get to see much original thought as far from the su as far as event organising goes

edit; oh a 3rd question, why cant the su use the main theatre for events? maybe utilising that facility would allow you to bring in bigger and better acts, give students cheaper tickets but sell tickets to anyone(as these bigger acts / events) would inevitably attract people from all over limerick

tommy tiernan for example, i think he sold out the theatre at some stage in the last year or so. what is stopping the su from arranging that gig instead of whatever outside promotions company booked the theatre and ran it?

• Advertisement

PeakOutput wrote: »
    2 points

i dont understand why the student union is trying to do anything but break even on any events they run

i think better quality acts would lead to greater attendance and therefore greater revenue but iv said that since first year and the quality of acts hasnt improved at all. given that im now in 4th i doubt i will ever get to see much original thought as far from the su as far as event organising goes

edit; oh a 3rd question, why cant the su use the main theatre for events? maybe utilising that facility would allow you to bring in bigger and better acts, give students cheaper tickets but sell tickets to anyone(as these bigger acts / events) would inevitably attract people from all over limerick

tommy tiernan for example, i think he sold out the theatre at some stage in the last year or so. what is stopping the su from arranging that gig instead of whatever outside promotions company booked the theatre and ran it?

Would you pay €25/€30 to see Tommy Tiernan in the Concert Hall?? We'd have no problem running it if it would sell, but

We struggled to sell Shane McGowan and Sharon Shannon at €15.

Being honest we would be happy to break even over the course of a year, but you need to have profitable gigs to offset the loss making ones.

Students will pay what seem inordinate amounts to see acts in concert, yet complain when they cost more than a tenner on campus.

ninty9er wrote: »
    Would you pay €25/€30 to see Tommy Tiernan in the Concert Hall?? We'd have no problem running it if it would sell

tommy tiernan (just using as an example i dont particularly want to see more tommy tiernan) tickets in vicar street cost 35 euro. this is with everyone making a profit.

now if the su took over one major part of the running of the event, the promotion of it and selling ticets, then a big saving can be made as there isnt a big company there looking to make as much profit as possible. add to that any possible reduction in the cost of renting the theatre due to the su maybe being able to negotiate a special rate.

then add in the fact that you could charge anyone who isnt a ul student 5euro extra and anyone who isnt a student at all 10euro extra and i think you could offer tickets to see tommy tiernan in the theatre in ul to ul students for much closer to 15-20 euro than 25-35 euro

now i could be wrong and maybe its already been looked into but if it hasnt im just saying its something that could be examined
    We struggled to sell Shane McGowan and Sharon Shannon at €15.

found your problem right there, i love the pogues and think shane mcgowan is a genius but id be very hard pressed to pay to see him live these days

[quotes]Being honest we would be happy to break even over the course of a year, but you need to have profitable gigs to offset the loss making ones.[/quote]

if the overall goal is to break even thats totally understandable
    Students will pay what seem inordinate amounts to see acts in concert, yet complain when they cost more than a tenner on campus.

they pay inordinate amounts to see quality bands play in quality venues. no1 is not going to shane mcgowan on campus and then driving to dublin to see him in the olympia and paying 40quid, they just dont want to see shane mcgowan.

trinity college for example can run the trinity ball for (mainly) just its students and charge (i think) 70 euro a ticket. now maybe im missing something but they have 5 stages about 50 acts, not all the much more students then ul and still manage to run that event and i assume make a profit. fair enough they sell 8,000 tickets but the point is students are willing to pay high prices for quality acts with quality production and organisation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

tommy tiernan (just using as an example i dont particularly want to see more tommy tiernan) tickets in vicar street cost 35 euro. this is with everyone making a profit.

now if the su took over one major part of the running of the event, the promotion of it and selling ticets, then a big saving can be made as there isnt a big company there looking to make as much profit as possible. add to that any possible reduction in the cost of renting the theatre due to the su maybe being able to negotiate a special rate.

then add in the fact that you could charge anyone who isnt a ul student 5euro extra and anyone who isnt a student at all 10euro extra and i think you could offer tickets to see tommy tiernan in the theatre in ul to ul students for much closer to 15-20 euro than 25-35 euro

now i could be wrong and maybe its already been looked into but if it hasnt im just saying its something that could be examined

found your problem right there, i love the pogues and think shane mcgowan is a genius but id be very hard pressed to pay to see him live these days

if the overall goal is to break even thats totally understandable

they pay inordinate amounts to see quality bands play in quality venues. no1 is not going to shane mcgowan on campus and then driving to dublin to see him in the olympia and paying 40quid, they just dont want to see shane mcgowan.

trinity college for example can run the trinity ball for (mainly) just its students and charge (i think) 70 euro a ticket. now maybe im missing something but they have 5 stages about 50 acts, not all the much more students then ul and still manage to run that event and i assume make a profit. fair enough they sell 8,000 tickets but the point is students are willing to pay high prices for quality acts with quality production and organisation

+1 on this, I love the Pogues but would be hard pushed to go see Shane McGowan these days. Freshers Fest I was delighted that you got Newton Faulkner as he is one of my favourite musicians however he'd have quite a niche following and would not attract a great crowd, even though he should because of how talented he is. More or less the same with Ocean Colour Scene as they would not attract a great crowd.

2 points

Our aim is always to make a profit, so that our break even point is low enough that if the event does not sell, we don't lose an arm and a leg.

Based on the number of acts that have played in UL over the past three years, more than 50% of the acts made a loss. Together with the student survey results, it really does suggest that students as a majority don't want to see bands on campus, and don't want to pay more than €5 for a gig.

We are looking into having one or two major acts play there in the coming weeks, saying this, we only have one full time member of staff working on ENTs, as well as the CSO. It is quite a large undertaking to run an semester of events with just two members of staff; one of which can only give 20-25% of their time to ENTs. Nevertheless we are investigating this for semester 2 this year and semester 1 of next year.

We have tried this already with seperately priced tickets, and also sold tickets to the general public, and it didn't exactly work. Students just bought tickets for their friends or family who were outside the Uni.

Trinity college has alot more students on campus than UL, and also has a LOT more students in the area than in Limerick. UL only has around 8000 people on campus at any one time despite what others believe. The urban population in Dublin is 1 million, compared to limericks 100,000. Also, the trinity ball is a tradition now, like the UCD ball, they made losses for the first number of years.

UCD has a budget for ENTs. We do not and must make a profit for every event.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions by the way.

VivGrise wrote: »
    Our aim is always to make a profit, so that our break even point is low enough that if the event does not sell, we don't lose an arm and a leg.

i understand the restraints that you guys work under but it needs to be said that first you need to put the money in create a quality product and a reputation and then start reaping the rewards

Based on the number of acts that have played in UL over the past three years, more than 50% of the acts made a loss. Together with the student survey results, it really does suggest that students as a majority don't want to see bands on campus, and don't want to pay more than €5 for a gig.

yes because to be blunt they are **** bands and arent advertised very well, a few posters dosnt cut it, you need to create hype, create a brand that has a certain reputation and then people will start to trust you with their nights out

We are looking into having one or two major acts play there in the coming weeks, saying this, we only have one full time member of staff working on ENTs, as well as the CSO. It is quite a large undertaking to run an semester of events with just two members of staff; one of which can only give 20-25% of their time to ENTs. Nevertheless we are investigating this for semester 2 this year and semester 1 of next year.

that sounds promising i hope it goes well for you

We have tried this already with seperately priced tickets, and also sold tickets to the general public, and it didn't exactly work. Students just bought tickets for their friends or family who were outside the Uni.

come on it dosnt take a rocket scientist to come up with procedures that prevent that, one ticket per student being a very obvious one

Trinity college has alot more students on campus than UL, and also has a LOT more students in the area than in Limerick. UL only has around 8000 people on campus at any one time despite what others believe. The urban population in Dublin is 1 million, compared to limericks 100,000. Also, the trinity ball is a tradition now, like the UCD ball, they made losses for the first number of years.

of course you can use that as an excuse if you wish but no1 is asking for an event on a similar scale to the trinity ball but is asking for one of similar quality. the fact of the matter is there are 3 large colleges in limerick which what probably add up to a student population of 25/30K? you could easily do a one night even with two stage and two (proper) headliners and pull in 3-5K in attendance.
    UCD has a budget for ENTs. We do not and must make a profit for every event.

well there should be and there should be an ents officer as a sabbat and iv said that since first year as well but again iv accepted there is no will for that

it really is a shame that there is no viable alternative to the lodge, the icon and trooms to give your 20/30/40 euro to twice a week, i simply dont buy that students wont use a quality product that is good value. even if there was one compelling gig a month be it with a proper dj or otherwise it would make a big difference

edit; also i just looked back at a particular manifesto from last years elections and unless i just havnt been paying attention 1 item out of twelve proposed for entertainment has been implemented as far as i can tell

i understand the restraints that you guys work under but it needs to be said that first you need to put the money in create a quality product and a reputation and then start reaping the rewards

I don't think you understand, we have come off the back of some serious losses in regards to ENTs in the past three years. We couldn't take risks with events this semester, and probably not this year, especially with the current economic climate. Students have less money, and are spending less. We see it in our shops on campus, the spend per sale has gone way down on previous years, and this is exactly what we are being told by the lodge, the stables and the scholars. Students are spending less money.
    yes because to be blunt they are **** bands and arent advertised very well, a few posters dosnt cut it, you need to create hype, create a brand that has a certain reputation and then people will start to trust you with their nights out

We actually have quite a good reputatuion regarding ENTs i'll have you know. Only 6% of people who took the survey said ENTs was not good. The other options were Ok, Good, very good and unsure.
    And despite having less of those **** bands you say, we managed not to risk the future of the Union, and make a healthy profit. I think the fact that we have made a profit, speaks more for how well ENTs is being run this year than over the las few years as it must mean more people are actually attending the events? We had an event every week last semester, except week 10 when i was on holidays.http://ulsucso.blogspot.com/

come on it dosnt take a rocket scientist to come up with procedures that prevent that, one ticket per student being a very obvious one

No ticketing outlet sells only one ticket per person in the country, and we couldn't do that here. The queues in reception are long enough as it is most days.

of course you can use that as an excuse if you wish but no1 is asking for an event on a similar scale to the trinity ball but is asking for one of similar quality. the fact of the matter is there are 3 large colleges in limerick which what probably add up to a student population of 25/30K? you could easily do a one night even with two stage and two (proper) headliners and pull in 3-5K in attendance.

25k students in Limerick. I don't mean to be rude but no, just no. UL <8000 on campus at anyone time, LIT 4121, Mary I 2864, but factoring in teaching practice, i'd say less than 2000 on campus at any one time. Around 15000 full time students in Limerick at anyone time. Factor in different taste in music and you can see where the difficulty lies in getting gigs to make a profit.

Look at dolans. 400 standing capacity for gigs in Limerick. Why do you think there isn't a larger venue? I'll tell you why, because it's not viable.

well there should be and there should be an ents officer as a sabbat and iv said that since first year as well but again iv accepted there is no will for that

Where do you suggest we get the money to pay this officers wages?
    it really is a shame that there is no viable alternative to the lodge, the icon and trooms to give your 20/30/40 euro to twice a week,

I agree 100%,

i simply dont buy that students wont use a quality product that is good value. even if there was one compelling gig a month be it with a proper dj or otherwise it would make a big difference

As i have said, we simply could not take the risk this year with big names that had no guarentee of selling. Maybe things will change in the coming years. Who knows.
    edit; also i just looked back at a particular manifesto from last years elections and unless i just havnt been paying attention 1 item out of twelve proposed for entertainment has been implemented as far as i can tell

Bring back gigs for €5 – Feckin Fivers
    Halloween ball €5 - SOLD OUT
    County Colours With UL Tramps- €5

More planned for semester 2

Not to mention what the Stables and Music Soc done for €5- Delorentos and FLA

Alcohol Free Alternatives

Week 0-The Hangover – ULSU Cinema

Week 1: Vodafone Carnival
    Week 3: Stand Up and Light - Lighting of the Living Bridge
    Week 5:Dunk Tank
    Free Tea + Coffee Day
    Reachout
    Beatboxer
    Week 9: Anchorman in the Common room
    National Student Protest
    Curry for a Cause – Pakistan Fundraiser
    Slumdog Millionaire in the Common room.
    Lighting of the Christmas Tree

Establish link with Dolans – Buses to town for gigs

I'll hold my hand up and say i've been simply too busy to investigate this.
    60 minute sessions
    We ran a myster tour in week 11, and are planning two more this semester coming. Same concept really.

YouTube Parties (Big screen)

Happenning in Charity Week

Bowling Tournaments – Bus to and from the bowling alley
    This will be happenning in semester 2. We are looking at getting classes to go out to play bowling and i have already negotiated a deal with Mary in Funworld.

BYOB gigs
    Stay tuned ;)

Oktoberfest - Bigger and Better
    It was. WAY bigger and better. UL boarders, ourselves and the scholars came together for the best Oktoberfest UL has ever seen. Fair play to all the Boarders, they were brilliant.

Bigger Gigs
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but Newton Faulkner and Ocean Colour Scene were the biggest selling acts that ever came to UL.

Break a Guinness World Record
    Fergal said it costs too much money to try, (i think around €1000 to just to get Guinness to come down and validate the attempt) So I decided against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Viv,
    Any word on the gig outside plassy house?

VivGrise wrote: »
    I don't think you understand, we have come off the back of some serious losses in regards to ENTs in the past three years.
    <snip>

i dont want to turn this into an attack on you personally thread as i appreciate the fact your even replying

to answer your comments

students are spending less but they are still spending

i think the fact you made a profit is probably more related to this

than anything else

its convenient to say oh we just couldnt do it, the trinity ball sells 2 tickets per person and has everyone pick up the tickets the day of the gig so if they can manage to hand out tickets to 4K people(if you assume everyone buys two tickets) then i think you could do it. also you could let people buy more then one ticket but they can only get their one for the cheaper price. a little imagination is all im suggesting

i suggest you get the money to pay for an ents officer from the same place as everyone else gets paid suprisingly enough, isnt there an ents soc of some sort?

it could in fact be the only position that actually literally pays for itself in the medium term

well alcohol free alternatives were the one i had noticed grand you have had two 5 euro gigs, i think your answer about the mystery tour is a bit of a cop out but grand if thats what you did to tick that one of the list thats fine. if everything else is coming in semester two thats great, i particularly look forward to the byob events.

has there been anything on the lawn in front of the whitehouse?

i was having these exact debates with your predecessor by the way hope you dont think im just being a dick to you personally

Not at all, i appreciate that you are so interested. I would love if you would get involved in some way to help out with events, I have taken on a part time ENTs officer who helped out greatly in the first semester, and i was trialing it really for the year to see if we could make it a non-sabbat position, like in UCC.

@ Baz : I'm all for big events, and there is no problem with the gig on plassey lawn, just the money. Its not there!

I get around the cost aspect(notably the floor covering) it was suggested the plaza be used. This is still in the pipeline, but as i said it really has got to do with how Charity Week go's and what sells and what doesn't.

I have no problem in scrapping this idea if the money isn't there, i'm not going to put the Union in potential jeopardy just so i can tick off one of the points on my manifesto. But i really want it to happen and we have already being looking at potential acts. Thats all i can say really. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

I think, what I've realized since coming to UL, is that a certain section of students in UL will never be happy with the gigs that go on. Viv could organise Kanye West and Taylor Swift to duet in the courtyard with a finale of Michael Jackson and Elvis and people would still give out. For goodness sake, I don't know what more the guy could do, especially considering the aforementioned state of the Ents and the money that was being lost year after year. He's been a shinning light in the Union this year following on from a certain Mr. Dempsey, who just didn't seem to give a damn.

I would love to do the 60 minute sessions though. However, while the concept is brilliant, I think actually trying to organise it would have the potential to be a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

This thread has turned out fantastic :D.

Even if there has one big act each year that would be good.Nothing against the bands that have played already but they just don't have a large enough fowling.Of those that have played on campus already Newton Fawkner and Fight Like apes were the only ones I knew of.

If there could be large scale events organised as well that don't require much spending(A giant session in the pitches heh)

Even things that could more or less be done for free,similar to that of the giant pillow fight being planned or the Whiskey gathering in the stables on suit up day.

As I made mention before and I know your working to fix it with different Clubs & Socs being quite about speakers,If the SU could organised ones on their own as well that would be quite interesting.I know it probably wouldn't happen but the likes of Kevin Smith or one in which I was quite jealous of Stephen Fry in trinity would be brilliant.

I saw how some one mentioned the bus to Dolans.It reminds me of a flyer I saw for UCC/CIT in which a Night bus was organised to collect people at variouse times later in the night costing a low price.That would be quite handy and interesting compared to the alternative of quite oftenly taxi drivers ripping off students.

If examples could be taken or modified from other Uni's and clubs(Which I'm guessing already is)it be really good.

heard a rumour today that rag/charity week is called something new this year and it starts the 7th of febuary anyone able to confirm or deny?

edit; nvm they have corrected themselves to say its mary i rag week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I think the BYOB concept should definitely be looked at seriously, it would entice a lot more people to come as all they would have to pay for is the ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

Mick flannery :) that is my wonderful contribution to such a thread. 16 euro a ticket in dolans. Usually a full house. But when he was in ul last yr didn't seem to be many people there. Don't know if it's viable just a suggestion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    I think, what I've realized since coming to UL, is that a certain section of students in UL will never be happy with the gigs that go on. Viv could organise Kanye West and Taylor Swift to duet in the courtyard with a finale of Michael Jackson and Elvis and people would still give out. For goodness sake, I don't know what more the guy could do, especially considering the aforementioned state of the Ents and the money that was being lost year after year. He's been a shinning light in the Union this year following on from a certain Mr. Dempsey, who just didn't seem to give a damn.

Ah hold on now, its not as if the acts that have come to UL have been of super high quality or anything. This isn't an attack on the Ents workers or anything, whom i'm sure don't get just rewards for their hard work.

The run of Blizzards concerts there for a few years was the ultimate joke. They were grand the first time, but when they were organised for like the 6th time in about 3 years you can understand how these gigs were making a loss. The likes of delerentos or republic of loose are only going to appeal to so many, as are niche acts like Newton Faulkner. I can't understand how Shane McGowan or Sharon Shannon were expected to appeal to a student crowd.

Also there is a tendancy to put the biggest band/event of Charity week on the Thursday. Surely this is the worst day? By that stage everyone is sick of drink (drink and concerts go hand in hand sadly), many of those considering getting tickets on the day have ran out of money. And at least 1/3 of students go home on Wednesday or Thursday, tired out from their shenanigans from earlier in the week. Putting the gig on Monday would pull in far more.

Maybe instead of all these smaller gigs, one huge one at some stage in the year might be more beneficial. I too am of the view that students will pay for value. If say the Script were to be put on for something in the region of 30-40 quid I'm sure there would be a massive turnout. Maybe this is completely unviable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Ah hold on now, its not as if the acts that have come to UL have been of super high quality or anything. This isn't an attack on the Ents workers or anything, whom i'm sure don't get just rewards for their hard work.

The run of Blizzards concerts there for a few years was the ultimate joke. They were grand the first time, but when they were organised for like the 6th time in about 3 years you can understand how these gigs were making a loss. The likes of delerentos or republic of loose are only going to appeal to so many, as are niche acts like Newton Faulkner. I can't understand how Shane McGowan or Sharon Shannon were expected to appeal to a student crowd.

Also there is a tendancy to put the biggest band/event of Charity week on the Thursday. Surely this is the worst day? By that stage everyone is sick of drink (drink and concerts go hand in hand sadly), many of those considering getting tickets on the day have ran out of money. And at least 1/3 of students go home on Wednesday or Thursday, tired out from their shenanigans from earlier in the week. Putting the gig on Monday would pull in far more.

Maybe instead of all these smaller gigs, one huge one at some stage in the year might be more beneficial. I too am of the view that students will pay for value. If say the Script were to be put on for something in the region of 30-40 quid I'm sure there would be a massive turnout. Maybe this is completely unviable?

One major gig would not favour allot of people though.For instance your list the script there.Don't get me wrong I'm not a music snob(far from it) but I'd rather eat nails than see them!.There needs to be the smaller gigs too suit more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

It's not exactly that hard. The college is In Limerick. Recently an act in the locality enjoyed a huge rise in success, everyone knows them from television anyway etc and even filmed a music video near the college. Problem solved! You will make a profit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

It's not exactly that hard. The college is In Limerick. Recently an act in the locality enjoyed a huge rise in success, everyone knows them from television anyway etc and even filmed a music video near the college. Problem solved! You will make a profit

PLEASE don't get Rubberbandits. They are not a music act. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan but just no! Get a proper music act.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

yesno1234 wrote: »
    PLEASE don't get Rubberbandits. They are not a music act. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan but just no! Get a proper music act.
    I'm surprised that being such a big fan you wouldnt like to see them. I saw them in Dublin before Christmas and they were excellent, musically that is. They do have the songs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

The Bandits would definitely sell anyway.

You could join up with Mary I and LIT to bring them in and then set up a stage in the biggest possible area, in front of the white house/ski slopes maybe. If advertised properly, they would be a huge draw. It would be the perfect BYOB event too.

Advertisement