Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs/groups for a five year old ?

• 09-01-2011 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    Facing a mini crises at the moment , Just found out yesterday that the Ladybird Club that my 5 year old daughter had her heart set on joining is full and has a waiting list ,So does anyone know of or have any info on any other clubs/groups in or around the city catering for her age group ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Escape?

(sorry flash lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Hi Rockman,

You could try the girl guides I forget what they are called brigins or something like that. The girl guides ireland have a website so contact info is on there.

Other than that probably Irish Dancing (but it's not everyones cup of tea and expensive).

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Aside from my silly answer..I did have a look around/ask around and there really is slim pickings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Odats wrote: »
    Hi Rockman,

You could try the girl guides I forget what they are called brigins or something like that. The girl guides ireland have a website so contact info is on there.

Other than that probably Irish Dancing (but it's not everyones cup of tea and expensive).

Hope that helps.

Brownies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Thanks for the replys
    The ladybird club she was hoping to join is the pre-brownies club run by the guides for members to young for the brownies , A Stepping stone club if you like .
    My better half has heard of a swimming club which may suit (or distract her :)) for the time been .
    As anyone heard of this club or any contact names ,will be trying the Crystal tomorrow would seem like the right place to start.

Thanks again

PS she said she wouldn't be caught dead in Escape .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Maybe try Spraoi? I know they have the junior drummers, but not sure what age that starts at.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Waterford City Council Library Services

We run storytime every Saturday for kids under 6 in Central Library, Lady Lane, Waterford City if that's of any interest to you! Runs from 11am, all ages welcome obviously but kids under 6 more likely to enjoy it!

Or try www.4kids.ie, though it doesn't seem to have a huge amount happening in the Munster region. Best of luck!

We run storytime every Saturday for kids under 6 in Central Library, Lady Lane, Waterford City if that's of any interest to you! Runs from 11am, all ages welcome obviously but kids under 6 more likely to enjoy it!

Or try www.4kids.ie, though it doesn't seem to have a huge amount happening in the Munster region. Best of luck!

This sounds great , Would be right up her street ,she loves her books and stories
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Gymnastics can be a great one for young kids (and more popular with girls)
    There are clubs in Waterford Crystal and Kilbarry.

Funny thing, I was dying to be a ladybird when I was small but then didn't like it at all :p I'd say it's a tad different now though!

araic88 wrote: »
    Gymnastics can be a great one for young kids (and more popular with girls)
    There are clubs in Waterford Crystal and Kilbarry.

Funny thing, I was dying to be a ladybird when I was small but then didn't like it at all :p I'd say it's a tad different now though!

Thanks ,
    More helpful info

• Advertisement

Just realised I posted incorrect times for Saturday's Storytime - D'oh! Storytime is on on Saturday mornings in Central Library Lady Lane from 11.30 - 12.30. Apologies for any confusion! :)

Just realised I posted incorrect times for Saturday's Storytime - D'oh! Storytime is on on Saturday mornings in Central Library Lady Lane from 11.30 - 12.30. Apologies for any confusion! :)

Just an update..

My better half took my little one to this is morning and said its was great ,she had a great time . She was impressed by the girl that was doing the readings ,said she was fantastic and great with the kids , Would recommend it to anyone with small kids , Great way to past and hour ,

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Escape?

(sorry flash lol)

Huh :confused:

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Just an update..

My better half took my little one to this is morning and said its was great ,she had a great time . She was impressed by the girl that was doing the readings ,said she was fantastic and great with the kids , Would recommend it to anyone with small kids , Great way to past and hour ,

Thanks so much for the great feedback, glad she enjoyed it :)

Advertisement