Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live & Mobile Broadband

• 09-01-2011 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,
    I want to get rid of eircom and get 3 broadband, any one know will xbox live work ok on it?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I had eircom and got rid of it and now use three, it's pretty good but not exactly stable. Your ping will randomly peak and will be unplayable. Depends on your area too, I get faster speeds than eircom with 3 but lots of other people get god awful speeds with 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Every area differs. I had 3 broadband and found it rubbish. Got Vodafone and cannot fault it. Super fast, and no dropping out during gaming. You can connect to the net via your P.C or buy a Dovado Router, fantastic piece of gear. Then your all good. Try O2, they do a trial version of their broadband and see how you find it. Any hassle just P.M me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pauric1

I'd never thought of o2, will have a look at them & vodofone.

Thanks for your replies:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I had vodafone but it was only ok so I tried 3, it was rubbish, meteor was ok, then I tried O2 when I got a signal it was brilliant, but the best signal was 6ft outside my sitting room window. so I ended up going back to bloody Vodafone.
    I guess what I am trying to say is try them all. You will find one better than the rest depending on where you live. Good luck. Don't forget to a speed test.

Advertisement