Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 5 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

bigred100 wrote: »
    Make that 2 absolute robberies from me today, beat Chelsea 2-1, both my goals coming in last 10ish mins.

As the saying goes, you're better off being lucky than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

DH2K9 wrote: »
    As the saying goes, you're better off being lucky than good.

I'm gonna do this the United way, go unbeaten without ever being really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

man city will try to be on after 10pm.

Sorry man it was closer to 11 before i got on.
    Missed you by 15 mins. I'm around all day tomoro if that suits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

DH2K9 wrote: »
    I'm down to play 6 times this week in League 1 and Man City aren't playing at all. I think you wrote Arsenal twice for the fixtures instead of Man City because in a couple of gameweeks Arsenal will be playing Arsenal:D

Corrected the League 1 fixtures: Updated Below
    • AC Milan : Man Utd
    • Arsenal : Real Madrid
    • Barcelona : SC Braga
    • Bayern Munich : Inter Milan
    • Man City : Valencia
    • Tottenham Hotspurs : Chelsea
    • Chelsea : AC Milan
    • Inter Milan : Arsenal
    • Man Utd : Atletico Madrid
    • Real Madrid : Man City
    • SC Braga : Tottenham Hotspurs
    • Valencia : Barcelona
    • AC Milan: SC Braga
    • Arsenal : Bayern Munich
    • Atletico Madrid : Chelsea
    • Barcelona : Real Madrid
    • Man City : Inter Milan
    • Tottenham Hotspurs : Valencia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Played Hatchets a while ago and I was convinced at the end I was playing with manual settings. Passes and shots (particularly Schneijders late one on one) were going all over the shop. Low and behold I'm playing a mate after it and turns out my settings were manual. No idea whatsoever about how this was.

Amazed that I got a draw in that case but also a little peed as to how it came about at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Gillysome wrote: »
    Sorry man it was closer to 11 before i got on.
    Missed you by 15 mins. I'm around all day tomoro if that suits

ill be on later on tonight hopefully at 10ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Fizman wrote: »
    Played Hatchets a while ago and I was convinced at the end I was playing with manual settings. Passes and shots (particularly Schneijders late one on one) were going all over the shop. Low and behold I'm playing a mate after it and turns out my settings were manual. No idea whatsoever about how this was.

My settings had reverted to manual after playing a match in the Manual Tournament, so maybe that caused it? Luckily, I realised this in the arena when my shot went out for a throw-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

My settings had reverted to manual after playing a match in the Manual Tournament, so maybe that caused it? Luckily, I realised this in the arena when my shot went out for a throw-in.

Now that I think of it, the previous night I was playing a lad online and I felt like my settings had changed. I joined his session but was unaware it was manual. Obviously those settings stuck. You learn something new every day.

ill be on later on tonight hopefully at 10ish

I probably wont get on till 11 tonight man because ive training and then 5 a side after. I'll be around until 7ish if that suits but if not i'll get on after 5 a side

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Championship: Bigron2109, Aha Shake and Gillysome Ill be around tomorrow evening to play but won't be on again until Sunday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Bugg wrote: »
    Championship: Bigron2109, Aha Shake and Gillysome Ill be around tomorrow evening to play but won't be on again until Sunday evening

I'll play you tomorrow so. Any chance you could play tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Wilson91, are you around tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You be around tonight Philt27?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

1-1 vs barcelona (threeinone99), very happy to get away with a draw, I think he had a lot more of the better chances and thankfully I managed to convert the one real chance I had.

Valencia 3 - 1 Tottenham.

I am very pissed off at the late consolation goal I conceded, but three points is three points. A Soldado hat-trick was enough to ensure a comfortable victory.

Well played, Hedro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

shoutman wrote: »
    1-1 vs barcelona (threeinone99), very happy to get away with a draw, I think he had a lot more of the better chances and thankfully I managed to convert the one real chance I had.

Barcas dodgy defence let me down :D That and my finishing is brutal :(:D

I probably wont get on till 11 tonight man because ive training and then 5 a side after. I'll be around until 7ish if that suits but if not i'll get on after 5 a side

ok.ill see ya then

First game of the season and first loss of the season:( Polarbearhead's city beat my gallant spurs 2-0.:rolleyes: Was a decent game. Alot of the first half was nip tuck with chances from both sides. My passing was suprisingly alright in the first half and was unlucky with a shot that had the keeper beaten from 20 odd yards but not the crossbar:eek: City took the lead on the stroke of half time when i stupidly jumped with adebayor for a high ball. He took it down and fed tevez who had a neat finish to beat the keeper. Citys second goal was nice, good run and another neat finish althou my defending left alot to be desired:p Good game all in all, im liking spurs:cool:

First game of the season and first loss of the season:( Polarbearhead's city beat my gallant spurs 2-0.:rolleyes: Was a decent game. Alot of the first half was nip tuck with chances from both sides. My passing was suprisingly alright in the first half and was unlucky with a shot that had the keeper beaten from 20 odd yards but not the crossbar:eek: City took the lead on the stroke of half time when i stupidly jumped with adebayor for a high ball. He took it down and fed tevez who had a neat finish to beat the keeper. Citys second goal was nice, good run and another neat finish althou my defending left alot to be desired:p Good game all in all, im liking spurs:cool:

i think the crossbar is still shakin from that shot.would ve been a cracker

You be around tonight Philt27?

Sent you 2 messages online earlier and no reply man? You around today around 3pm or so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Sent you 2 messages online earlier and no reply man? You around today around 3pm or so?
    hey, wasnt on this yesterday - busy in work - i still havnt got the password needed for my ps - conco will be back the weekend and ill get it then - i wont be on til maybe fri eve, deffo sat n sun avo.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I only have Niall00 left to play in this round of games, i wont be around for the weekend so if you are around today let me know... I've sent you a pm too btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

theflesh (paddysnorch) - Man United

When are you available to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Hayde7 wrote: »
    [/B]Kells97 AC Milan

Either of u lads able to play tonight or tomorrow night??

Depends what time

Philt27 wrote: »
    hey, wasnt on this yesterday - busy in work - i still havnt got the password needed for my ps - conco will be back the weekend and ill get it then - i wont be on til maybe fri eve, deffo sat n sun avo.:o

Friday evening could suit, won't be about Saturday have my last college exam and will be heading out after, might be able to get on Sunday night after work around 11 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

Philly_C wrote: »
    theflesh (paddysnorch) - Man United

When are you available to play?

I added him as a friend on Monday but no reply as of yet, I'm due to play him also

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

Hi lads, how many teams are promoted/relegated each season?

niall00.

When are you around? You still haven't accepted my friend request.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Bugg wrote: »

What time this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

When are you guys free to play our games?
    1. AC Milan - flynner13 - Fly13
    2. Man Utd - Johnnybomb - Johnny_bomb

Advertisement