Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 5 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

JohnnyBomb wrote: »
    Il be around most the night from 9 if your on then ?

I'll let you know after the dinner when I'll be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

L'prof wrote: »
    Sorry, I haven't had much free time at all, when are you guys free to play our games?
    1. AC Milan - flynner13 - Fly13
    2. Man Utd - Johnnybomb - Johnny_bomb
    3. Arsenal - Bigron2109- Bigron2109
    4. Atletico Madrid - Aha Shake - AhaShake
    5. Tottenham Hotspurs - Gillysome - gillysome

I'll try to get on around half 10. If i dont catch you tonight i should be around all day tomoro

Gillysome wrote: »
    I'll try to get on around half 10. If i dont catch you tonight i should be around all day tomoro

I'll try and get you then so.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

3 games 3 wins....BOOM!!!

League 1 is mine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

bigred100 wrote: »
    3 games 3 wins....BOOM!!!

League 1 is mine :pac:

Well played man, i'm absolutely disgusted with myself though, I played terrible and should have sneeked a draw right at the end if my cross pass hadn't been blocked by your defender.

1 win 1 draw and 1 loss for me.

• Advertisement

Looking like 11 before I'll get on.

shoutman wrote: »
    Well played man, i'm absolutely disgusted with myself though, I played terrible and should have sneeked a draw right at the end if my cross pass hadn't been blocked by your defender.

1 win 1 draw and 1 loss for me.

You got me after I played the other 2 games right before you, 1st one I was 1 - 0 down for a lot of it, pulled it out the bag last minute winner. Next game was more convincing, then I got you. Was in full flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

bigred100 wrote: »
    You got me after I played the other 2 games right before you, 1st one I was 1 - 0 down for a lot of it, pulled it out the bag last minute winner. Next game was more convincing, then I got you. Was in full flow.

Yeah, good game. I was very pissed off that I lost that game. I wasn't on the ball at all today. I conceded a lot of goals in all the matches I played, when I normally have a tight defense.

Yeah, good game. I was very pissed off that I lost that game. I wasn't on the ball at all today. I conceded a lot of goals in all the matches I played, when I normally have a tight defense.

I'm the master of the late winners in a lot of the games I've played. There's actual pride on the line, step it up a gear.

Looking like 11 before I'll get on.

Doubt I'll get on tonight man. Catch ya tomoro

• Advertisement

Good game there against Johnny_Bomb (Man United). Genuinely thought it was going to end a drab 0-0 draw and was getting frustrated as I missed a couple of very good chances. Mind you, only Berbatov could head towards the corner flag from 6 yards out! My break came in the 86th after some good build up play when I played in Villa in acres of space (offside surely I thought, as did Vidic whose arm flew straight up into the air, but alas O'Shea was playing me onside on the far side of the pitch...good man :p) and finally the necessary finish was applied. I'm not really sure how the 2nd goal came about, but van der Sar came rushing out towards Messi?, who then squared it to Pedro? who slotted home first time.

I don't usually make such long winded posts, but I was delighted with the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Töpher wrote: »
    Started last night as I mean to carry on, earning a highly respectable zero points against Rackstar's Chelsea. Having not played against assisted players in a while I went 5 at the back in the first half, and this proved to be my downfall. Left too much space in the centre of the park and allowed Chelsea to run atmy defence without much in the way of pressure. Switched to my preferred formation in the second half and posed more of a threat, forcing some good saves and not offering up any more (than I had been already) to the Chelsea forward line. Finally scored in injury time, but the damage was done in the first half with Chelsea scoring in the 43rd and 45th minutes.

Was a good game. Knew something was up in the first half. Different team both halves. You were coming more and more into the match as time went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Hey Fizman and Paddysnorch - ill be on later this eve liek after 8/9pm ish if ur round to play this weeks fixtures - good start to the campaign by me - 3 games 3 defeats - weird playin with arsenal as im ****e with them so best of luck lads - could be some easy points for yiz!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Arsenal, Bayern and Inter from league 1, any of you lads around today for our games ? Im Barcelona

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Lettin ya know that I will have my PS3 by (hopefully) Friday. Just got a call that it was a faulty laser and theyl send it up by courier this week. So whatever 6 games I have to play in the Championship, ya can invite me on PSN (Haunis87) and Il be raring to go by the weekend. Havent played in over a month so, Il be the 10/1 underdog in most games bar against Gill of course:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

threein99 wrote: »
    Arsenal, Bayern and Inter from league 1, any of you lads around today for our games ? Im Barcelona

Ye, I should be on tonight for a while.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Lettin ya know that I will have my PS3 by (hopefully) Friday. Just got a call that it was a faulty laser and theyl send it up by courier this week. So whatever 6 games I have to play in the Championship, ya can invite me on PSN (Haunis87) and Il be raring to go by the weekend. Havent played in over a month so, Il be the 10/1 underdog in most games bar against Gill of course:pac::pac:

That's the truth. I've become a master of hitting the cross bar this year. Can hit it anywhere from the half way line to 2 yards out but I'm ****ed if I can score:pac: hurry up and get bk online, I really need to get my confidence back :P it's been at an all time low for the past month:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

I'm around tonight after 9 if paddysnorch, cill- and reddevildub are around. I'm Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Ye, I should be on tonight for a while.

I should be on at 11, maybe earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

hatchets27 wrote: »
    I'm around tonight after 9 if paddysnorch, cill- and reddevildub are around. I'm Chelsea
    Philt27 wrote: »
    Hey Fizman and Paddysnorch - ill be on later this eve liek after 8/9pm ish if ur round to play this weeks fixtures - good start to the campaign by me - 3 games 3 defeats - weird playin with arsenal as im ****e with them so best of luck lads - could be some easy points for yiz!!

I should be around for 8. I'll try to stay on till 9 but not sure yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnnyBomb

Good game there against Johnny_Bomb (Man United). Genuinely thought it was going to end a drab 0-0 draw and was getting frustrated as I missed a couple of very good chances. Mind you, only Berbatov could head towards the corner flag from 6 yards out! My break came in the 86th after some good build up play when I played in Villa in acres of space (offside surely I thought, as did Vidic whose arm flew straight up into the air, but alas O'Shea was playing me onside on the far side of the pitch...good man :p) and finally the necessary finish was applied. I'm not really sure how the 2nd goal came about, but van der Sar came rushing out towards Messi?, who then squared it to Pedro? who slotted home first time.

I don't usually make such long winded posts, but I was delighted with the win!

yeh fair play man i taught sholuda really ended up as a draw both of us had very good chances, but maybe after what berbatov did i prob deserved to be hammered. still cant believe it seemed harder to that then to score chap was nearly on the line :mad: van der sar running out was really just me handing it away just had hoped he coulda saved it ha. ahh well always next time! good game though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

hatchets27 wrote: »

I won't get a chance to get on tonight. I'll be on tomorrow night though from 4.30 up to the Arsenal game and I'll be on again after the Arsenal game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

Lost 4-0 to Napoli and 6-1 to man utd. It's going to be a long season.... Roll on march and the championship. I may give up on the manual but it's early doors. Looking forward to my games against the 27 crew! Other than that I'm available for a good whipping every game

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

I'll can be on tomorrow (Wednesday) after 3 if anyone wants to play Athletico Madrid in Championship

1 down, 4 to go! I'll be on at some sage after the Arsenal game. If I can get non beforehand, I'll let ye know. Anyone be around?
    2. Arsenal - Bigron2109- Bigron2109
    3. Atletico Madrid - Aha Shake - AhaShake
    4. Tottenham Hotspurs - Gillysome - gillysome

1 down, 4 to go! I'll be on at some sage after the Arsenal game. If I can get non beforehand, I'll let ye know. Anyone be around?
    2. Arsenal - Bigron2109- Bigron2109
    3. Atletico Madrid - Aha Shake - AhaShake
    4. Tottenham Hotspurs - Gillysome - gillysome

I'll be on after the arsenal game too. Could get on earlier in the day too so if ur on I'll get u then

Gillysome wrote: »
    I'll be on after the arsenal game too. Could get on earlier in the day too so if ur on I'll get u then

Sound, I'll get on to you later on so!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

anyone playing man city in the championship ill be on later around 10ish

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

owenh93
    niall00
    Threein99
    emmetmcl
    Troutfisher

ho lads when is the next time any of you will be online? I only have one game played for League 1 and lokoing to get a few more out of the way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Anyone want to play Atletico Madrid (Championship) between 5.30 and 8?

Advertisement