Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 5 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Anyone want to play Atletico Madrid (Championship) between 5.30 and 8?

I'll get back to you on that one shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Kensutz
    Fowler87
    polarbearhead
    bugg

Championship Real Madrid will be floating about much of this afternoon, PM me on here if I'm not on PSN and you want to play.

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Anyone want to play Atletico Madrid (Championship) between 5.30 and 8?

You on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Premiership

Crosáidí| czam2007| Real Madrid
    [/B]Philt27| Philt27| Arsenal
    Philly_C| philly_c_ | AC Milan

I was away for a few days with work but back and possibly on later if any of you are about.

FFS!!! Played a decent match against Gillysome there, it was tied at 0-0 until the last minute when Messi got the ball outside the box and was clean through. Queue a tackle from behind and a free kick off the post. Never had any problems with Gillysome before, but I don't put in tackles like that, so don't deny me a goalscoring opportunity by doing the same! Pretty sure I've had to post this every season, not that it changes anything!
    thewools wrote: »
    2) Last Man Tackling
    Fifa 11 is a soccer simulation and while slide tackling is encouraged when needed, intentional attempts to take out the last man (an attacking player that only has the keeper to beat) will not be tolerated. A defender is allowed to slide in from the side as there is a good chance that he will win the ball. However, when someone slides in from directly behind (from the 5-7 O'clock positions) and the striker is between the defender and the ball, this will not be tolerated. Players like this can usually be indentified by a low foul:card ratio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

L'prof wrote: »
    FFS!!! Played a decent match against Gillysome there, it was tied at 0-0 until the last minute when Messi got the ball outside the box and was clean through. Queue a tackle from behind and a free kick off the post. Never had any problems with Gillysome before, but I don't put in tackles like that, so don't deny me a goalscoring opportunity by doing the same! Pretty sure I've had to post this every season, not that it changes anything!

You did play well there granted. Dont want to get into a slanging match with this. There are 4 players on FIFA that could make that tackle look from behind and yet again you have one of them. You had the same argument with my mate last year over ronaldo. Messi, rooney, Ronnie, and Torres. Anyway my point is that with a meer mortal on FIFA that tackle is clean and from the side. It's my own fault for letting messi turn me in the first place but the covering tackle was intended for the side. Like I said on the psn take the points man u were the better player anyway. As for me I'm going back to assisted to get some points on the board, can't pass on manual for ****e ATM

Gillysome wrote: »
    You did play well there granted. Dont want to get into a slanging match with this. There are 4 players on FIFA that could make that tackle look from behind and yet again you have one of them. You had the same argument with my mate last year over ronaldo. Messi, rooney, Ronnie, and Torres. Anyway my point is that with a meer mortal on FIFA that tackle is clean and from the side. It's my own fault for letting messi turn me in the first place but the covering tackle was intended for the side. Like I said on the psn take the points man u were the better player anyway. As for me I'm going back to assisted to get some points on the board, can't pass on manual for ****e ATM

Don't want the points. The fact of the matter is Messi was breaking clear, you were never going to get the ball with that tackle and you know it. You say only 4 players could have broke free like that, I say BS. Anyway, it doesn't matter a fuck! I'll continue highlighting these tackles and they'll continue to happen, albeit rarely!

Don't want the points. The fact of the matter is Messi was breaking clear, you were never going to get the ball with that tackle and you know it. You say only 4 players could have broke free like that, I say BS. Anyway, it doesn't matter a fuck! I'll continue highlighting these tackles and they'll continue to happen, albeit rarely!

U know I'm not a dirty player after 3 seasons on this. If I didn't think I cud get the ball I wouldnt have made the tackle simple as. This is the reason I said that that rule should be changed in last years thread. Ur interpretation of the last man rule is the problem here. Like it's not as if messi was clear of the defense and I hacked him down. He got the ball outside the box with at least 6 defenders back. Turned the CB and the covering player put in a good slide tackle but messi's pace gets him that yard extra and it's a foul. I had to put in the covering tackle

U know I'm not a dirty player after 3 seasons on this. If I didn't think I cud get the ball I wouldnt have made the tackle simple as. This is the reason I said that that rule should be changed in last years thread. Ur interpretation of the last man rule is the problem here. Like it's not as if messi was clear of the defense and I hacked him down. He got the ball outside the box with at least 6 defenders back. Turned the CB and the covering player put in a good slide tackle but messi's pace gets him that yard extra and it's a foul. I had to put in the covering tackle

Goalscoring opportunity. There were defenders in the box, but the keeper would have been the only other player that could have stopped him the way that they were all set up. I don't think there's any flaw in my interpretation. No need to amend the rules anyway because if you read them, there is no consequence. It just says "don't be at it!", to paraphrase!

Goalscoring opportunity. There were defenders in the box, but the keeper would have been the only other player that could have stopped him the way that they were all set up. I don't think there's any flaw in my interpretation. No need to amend the rules anyway because if you read them, there is no consequence. It just says "don't be at it!", to paraphrase!

In essence dont be at it is what it comes down to, bit longwinded there the wools:pac: it is a simulation game in fairness though, at worst the tackle came in from the 9/6 o clock position. Defenders make hashes to tackles in real life and that was a prime example of one. Really wish ur shot went in now or u scored earlier in the game

• Advertisement

In essence dont be at it is what it comes down to, bit longwinded there the wools:pac: it is a simulation game in fairness though, at worst the tackle came in from the 9/6 o clock position. Defenders make hashes to tackles in real life and that was a prime example of one. Really wish ur shot went in now or u scored earlier in the game

My free kicks never go in this season. I had plenty of chances early onto kill the game off, that shot from Messi that came off the post and across the line sickened my hole. Can't remember the others now. Anyway, I expected to drop points to you and if you had played assisted, I'm sure I would have anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

played kensutz there.somehow managed to nick it 2 -1.he completely outplayed me.dont think ive ever played as bad.a travesty of a result.anyways my 100% record continues.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was online from 4.30 up until about 15 minutes ago with just a break for the Arsenal game trying to get hold of hatchets to no luck even though he was on PSN. Gimme a PM if you read this man because I won't be around much over the weekend and I've training tomorrow.

My free kicks never go in this season. I had plenty of chances early onto kill the game off, that shot from Messi that came off the post and across the line sickened my hole. Can't remember the others now. Anyway, I expected to drop points to you and if you had played assisted, I'm sure I would have anyway.

Yeah you should have had the game in the bag long b4 the "incident". I should have done better early on in the game with the shots from outside the box, I've been scoring them alot lately but you wouldn't think it from the efforts in our game. I don't think you would have dropped points to me if I played assisted, we always had close games b4. The only reason I'm going back to assisted is to get my passing going, I'll keep manual shooting. It's hard to mount any attacks against the assisted players when ur passing isnt at it's best. Just end up defending the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

PS3 is back lads so il be online on and off during the day.. hopefully wel get a few games (championship) before the day is out..

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Fizman wrote: »
    Premiership

Crosáidí| czam2007| Real Madrid
    [/B]Philt27| Philt27| Arsenal
    Philly_C| philly_c_ | AC Milan

I was away for a few days with work but back and possibly on later if any of you are about.
    hey fizman was on lastnite but mustve just missed ya - i was on about 930pm for an hour!! will u be round tonite or tomorrow at all?? im only available to play after 9pm most nites durin the week and mostly all day sat n sun..

Typical of the 27 crew - im the only one to come up with some points against newbie, the flesh eating snorch head!! u wre lucky this time virus but i will prevail after getting used to playing with the Arsenal and 27 crew - im comin to getcha!!!:eek:

LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: 1
    RESULT: Chelsea (hatchets27) 1 - 6 Man Utd (theflesh)

GAMEWEEK: 2
    RESULT: Arsenal (Philt27) 2 ;) - 2 Man Utd (theflesh)

GAMEWEEK: 2
    RESULT: Man Utd (theflesh) 1 - 0 Barcelona (conco27)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Fowler87 wrote: »
    PS3 is back lads so il be online on and off during the day.. hopefully wel get a few games (championship) before the day is out..

Should be online from about 9pm or so if you are about?

Philt27 wrote: »
    hey fizman was on lastnite but mustve just missed ya - i was on about 930pm for an hour!! will u be round tonite or tomorrow at all?? im only available to play after 9pm most nites durin the week and mostly all day sat n sun..

Think I missed ya by about 8 mins. Ya I should be able to get on later on. What time do you think you will be around?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

man city in the championship should be on around 9.30ish

• Advertisement

Should be knocking about then polarbearhead, will try to catch you (Real Madrid).

Tottenham Hotspur (Gill)
    Chelsea (rackstar)
    Bayern Munich (Kensutz)
    Real Madrid (Topher)
    Man City (polarbearhead)

All these in the championship, Il (Liverpool-Haunis87) be online around 8 onwards... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'll be on later. See ya then

Think I missed ya by about 8 mins. Ya I should be able to get on later on. What time do you think you will be around?
    ill be on after9pm if ur on..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Drew 1-1 with hatchets27 there. No idea how, he should have hammered me and my goal came form a jammy mistake that put Silva clean through. Hart was the only thing that kept the scoreline down, he saved everything.

Starting to think I made a mistake picking City. Their defence is so fecking porous there is constantly gaps, whereas last season playing as Chelsea the defence was solid as fook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

In the name of Allah and the holy prophets how did I draw that game? City had 2 shots and scored from one. I dominated from start to finish but Joe broke my heart, the goal I gave away was a shocker. 4 games, 2 points. I've a pain in my la la after that. The only consolation is the 27 crew also have had a miserable start

Loading it up now,

Fowler87
    polarbearhead
    bugg

If any of you are about, free points!

Ya, will hopefully catch you tonight so Philt.
    Philt27 wrote: »
    Typical of the 27 crew -
    hatchets27 wrote: »
    The only consolation is the 27 crew also have had a miserable start

Can someone enlighten me as to this '27 crew' ye speak of?

Ya, will hopefully catch you tonight so Philt.

Can someone enlighten me as to this '27 crew' ye speak of?

I reckon its some Fifa NWO :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

First game of fifa in over a month and first win in the league to boot over Tophers resilient Real Madrid. Probably should haave put the game to bed at half time after dominating possesion and having some very good chances. Thankfully Meireles composed shot, slid under Casillas after a nice move which was enough to win me the game. Real plugged on though, perhaps should have scored from a few fortunate richoets off Ronaldos boot putting him clean through, but the winker wasnt getting past MOTM Pepe Reina :pac: Good game as always lad

Advertisement