Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 5 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

theflesh you about?

Won't be able to get to the playstation tonight unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

theflesh wrote: »
    Won't be able to get to the playstation tonight unfortunately.

No worries, you be about tomorrow or are you gone for the week or two you were talking about?

No worries, you be about tomorrow or are you gone for the week or two you were talking about?

I'll only be around in the morning, then gone till Saturday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Well there are two fine examples of why I won't be winning any Premiership honours, even if I am currently sitting on top. :mad:

First up was Arsenal (Philt). Very even game where Phil took the lead and went into 2nd half 1 up. I equalised early on in 2nd with a peach from Schneijder and scored what looked to be the winner in the 85th minute with Wesley again. Alas, no. 92nd minute corner see's Squillaci head home. In fairness it was probably a fair result and I wasn't too disappointed.

Then Colly steps up with Everton who had won every game so far. I started out of the blocks well and took an early enough lead. Then after about 30 mins I got an innocent enough looking decision for a penalty. Saved. 1-0 at the break and very dominant. 8 shots to collys zero I think. He made some changes but it was more of the same. Well on top and went 2 up with a nice flowing move. Changes come again and what seemed to be all out attack.

80 mins gone and still 2-0 up. A minute later and some ping pong resulted in the ball landing at my keepers feet and the cursor changed to him. Me not knowing what was going on, he gets the ball stolen from his feet and it's walked into the net. Needless to say he equalised in the 89th minute and I was close to putting my foot through the plasma. Great fight back from him though in fairness.

Good games the both of ye.

That's three of my last four games where I have conceded in the last minute to drop 5 precious points. Think I'm gonna have to be more cynical in closing out games. :p

theflesh wrote: »
    I'll only be around in the morning, then gone till Saturday week.

What time is morning too you? I might be able to get on when I get home from the gym about 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

What time is morning too you? I might be able to get on when I get home from the gym about 1?

Gym?? :rolleyes:

He means when he gets out of bed haha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Another 2 games lost tonight.. a succesive relegation looms :(:pac: Played Inter (bugg) and Bayern (kensultz) and was outmuscled and basically outplayed in both. After a months absence of not playing, getting stuck into this manual fifa lark again isnt as easy as I first thought. Aw well, can only get better:pac:

colly54 wrote: »
    Gym?? :rolleyes:

He means when he gets out of bed haha :p

Had to make at least one New Years Resolution, so joining a gym sounded easier then going to college more.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Atletico in the championship here. Arsenal want to play tomorrow evening? Will have all my games done then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Gillysome wrote: »
    Arsenal, athletico Madrid, and man united in the championship. When will ye guys be around to play our games? I should be on around half 10 tonight if that suits
    Aha Shake wrote: »
    Atletico in the championship here. Arsenal want to play tomorrow evening? Will have all my games done then

Lads ill Be around after 6pm Tomorrow so just drop me a PM if you's want to play these Games.

• Advertisement

Early morning then... about 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Hey lads, if Frisbee and eoneill are on later about after 8pm, ill be on - wanna get these finished as ill be away from Fri til the 13th feb so playin them tonight would suit me down to the ground..cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Bayern, Arsenal,Man City and Spurs from league 1 ? I am generally on line at 11PM each night, I can play at 5pm some days aswell if it suits better than 11PM

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Philt27 wrote: »
    Hey lads, if Frisbee and eoneill are on later about after 8pm, ill be on - wanna get these finished as ill be away from Fri til the 13th feb so playin them tonight would suit me down to the ground..cheers.

Hey, I'm away at the moment. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon at about 5 or so and I'll be free all night then if you could play then?

alanc2003
    Philt27
    Philly_C
    markontap

I'm away atm but will be on all night tomorrow form around 5 or so if any of you can play then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Real Madrid in the Championship will be about throughout the day. PM me on Boards if not on PSN and I'll try to get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

Played phil27 last night and drew 1-1 and like my last game against man city I missed so many chances but it's one more point on the board and I'm unbeaten in two. Need a win badly to get the season going

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Frisbee wrote: »

Philly_C

I'm away atm but will be on all night tomorrow form around 5 or so if any of you can play then.

I'll be able to get on around 10pm if that suits.

Napoli - eioneill
    Chelsea - hatchets27
    Real Madrid - Crosáidí

When are you guys able to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭kensutz

Anyone due to play Bayern in the Championship I'm around all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Valencia 3 - 1 AC Milan.

Another relatively straight-forward win for Mata and co. Soldado gave me an early lead, before a comical own-goal from Zambrotta put me two up. From there, Milan game into the game and attacked without reward. They did hit the crossbar from twenty-five yards out, but that was about it.

With twenty minutes left, Joaquin cut in from the right wing and slotted coolly past the keeper. Pato added a late consolation goal with five minutes left but the points were already in the bag.

I'm disappointed that I keep conceding late goals all the time.

Anyway, well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Philly_C wrote: »

Yup that's grand man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

hatchets27 wrote: »
    Played phil27 last night and drew 1-1 and like my last game against man city I missed so many chances but it's one more point on the board and I'm unbeaten in two. Need a win badly to get the season going
    Philly_C wrote: »

Napoli - eioneill
    Chelsea - hatchets27
    Real Madrid - Crosáidí

When are you guys able to play?

I'll be on at 10 aswell lads

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Frisbee wrote: »
    Hey, I'm away at the moment. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon at about 5 or so and I'll be free all night then if you could play then?

alanc2003
    Philt27
    Philly_C
    markontap

Yea ill be on tomorrow..mite be watchin the pool game but deffo after that if not before..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Alanc (Barca) or Markontap (Spurs) around tonight in the Premiership?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭markontap

I'm online now Fizman. I added you on PSN earlier tonight! I'll be on for the next half hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Got a big point in my relegation battle against bigrons arsenal in the championship. On the back foot the whole game but stout defending, Gomes and the woodwork kept me in it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Philt27 wrote: »

Sorry man. Up to me eyes yesterday and today but will be free tomoro evening after training. So probably bout 9pm if you're about then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Putty someone 'stickied' all the league threads, I never requested that but thanks to axwell or mr moon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Anyone who has to play Atletico in league 1 I'm online.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

I'll be on for a couple of hours if anyone wants to get a match out of the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Did it again, another 80+ min winning goal. Forlan screamer.

Advertisement