Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Booting But No Screen

• 09-01-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Acer Aspire 5535 running vista.
    Will booot up but instead of getting desktop screen I get black screen with bar across bottom and under that my start button and a few icons but when I try to click on these it says ' Windows explorer is not responding' and the little circle just keeps going around...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I don't suppose you can take a picture of what you see on the screen with a digital camera and post it up here? Feel free to blank out any personal information there might be on the picture. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Don't know if this is any help - the screen is black and the bar at the bottom is kinda grey....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Try starting up in safe mode or last known good configuration
    Usually hitting F8 during booting up will give you the menu to choose safe mode abd the last know good configuration.

Doesnt look there is anything hardware related gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Tried last known good configuration and it died......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I second trying it in Safe Mode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement