Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland (starcraft) Championship :D

• 09-01-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm not to sure how to go about this, but is there any way we can organise an Irish tournament, as I'd love to get involved in proper competitive play, and i have a few friends who would be up for it.
    If anyone has experience with this kind of thing, and is interested, let me know, and if your interested leave a reply, and maybe we can get things in motion, as i really haven't got a clue how to go about this :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Were already running a boards star league. We are in week 4 of this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

You're nearly better off hanging around the forums, keeping an eye on the progress of the BSL, check out the LAN idea - even better, GO to the LAN. Then you get to talk to people in person, etc.

If you don't know much about it in the first place, it's probably not going to go well. Try to get some experience. The reason I mention the above is that you can learn from errors made by others and take the good on board.

You could organise small tournaments between your friends to up the level of seriousness a little and put bragging rights on the line. You can make brackets at tourney.cc (groups, Single elim brackets, double elim brackets).

Once those are going smoothly, you could up the number of competitors...Slow and steady.

If you want any more info / want to bounce ideas, use this thread or PM me.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8 n00bgaming

Hey all,

If anyone is still interested in doing this, make sure to get in contact with us. We have one in the pipelines if we can get the numbers.

www.n00bgaming.com

The n00b gaming team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 abomb

yea i would be interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 n00bgaming

Hey ABomb.

Good stuff. Are you signed up to the site ya?

We will obviously need more to run the all Ireland, but will have more tournaments coming up that will be open to everyone if you are interested in the meantime?

Cheers,

Paul
    CEO/EC
    www.n00bgaming.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

abomb is just gonna 3-0 his whole way through to the finals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

mad turnip wrote: »
    abomb is just gonna 3-0 his whole way through to the finals

Not if I have my way :D I was almost GM Toss in WoL a month or so ago. My comp has been out of action for the past few weeks and I've gotten myself to Master's Zerg in HoTS on my laptop in the last two weeks (such an easy race if your mechanics are good haha). I gotta teach myself HoTS Toss once my comp is fixed.

Gumbi wrote: »
    Not if I have my way :D I was almost GM Toss in WoL a month or so ago. My comp has been out of action for the past few weeks and I've gotten myself to Master's Zerg in HoTS on my laptop in the last two weeks (such an easy race if your mechanics are good haha). I gotta teach myself HoTS Toss once my comp is fixed.

I think hots toss is harder, my p v z is 90%+. p v t 90%+ and p v p 20%.... its actually kinda stupid atm

I think hots toss is harder, my p v z is 90%+. p v t 90%+ and p v p 20%.... its actually kinda stupid atm

Can you elaborate? Your numbers seem extremely exaggerated, plus, they don't seem to corroborate with your statement of HoTS Toss being harder (which doesn't explain your apparent low win rate in PvP?).

• Advertisement

Gumbi wrote: »
    Can you elaborate? Your numbers seem extremely exaggerated, plus, they don't seem to corroborate with your statement of HoTS Toss being harder (which doesn't explain your apparent low win rate in PvP?).

Honestly down to earth there not, i've won one p v p and thats because I cheesed. ALl the other i've lost half to stupid micro mistakes in the final battles, being slightly behinde in upgrades, and half to unknown reasons.

My other two matches i'm fine against as I can deal with all the new units etc. Since i've only played maybe 30 ranked games in hots hense the ratios thats why they seem so stupid. But i've played diamond / plantium zerg / terran and im the same level but when it comes to p v p, I just outright lose due to something small and half the time stupid.

The P v P matchup I dont think reflects skill so much as a bit of dumb luck and just staying on one base and not expanding as when you do that you just seem to outright lose to timing

Honestly down to earth there not, i've won one p v p and thats because I cheesed. ALl the other i've lost half to stupid micro mistakes in the final battles, being slightly behinde in upgrades, and half to unknown reasons.

My other two matches i'm fine against as I can deal with all the new units etc. Since i've only played maybe 30 ranked games in hots hense the ratios thats why they seem so stupid. But i've played diamond / plantium zerg / terran and im the same level but when it comes to p v p, I just outright lose due to something small and half the time stupid.

The P v P matchup I dont think reflects skill so much as a bit of dumb luck and just staying on one base and not expanding as when you do that you just seem to outright lose to timing
    But this is entirely subjective. If you only win 20% of your PvPs, that means 80% of Tosses beat you. If more than half are beating you it follows that more than dumb luck is at play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

if you look at the top gm toss , you cant say he has a 80% pvp win ratio based on luck , its like in late game WoL PvP everyone said it was random luck based collo vs collo battles then sktRain comes along and shows how to win with perfect positioning great spread and micro, just need to figure things out

GosuIrish wrote: »
    if you look at the top gm toss , you cant say he has a 80% pvp win ratio based on luck , its like in late game WoL PvP everyone said it was random luck based collo vs collo battles then sktRain comes along and shows how to win with perfect positioning great spread and micro, just need to figure things out

I don't even need to reference players like Rain, though. The fact is, most toss are beating him, this is a problem with him, not the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 abomb

n00bgaming wrote: »
    Hey ABomb.

Good stuff. Are you signed up to the site ya?

We will obviously need more to run the all Ireland, but will have more tournaments coming up that will be open to everyone if you are interested in the meantime?

Cheers,

Paul
    CEO/EC
    www.n00bgaming.com

yea i signed up and checked it a few times but havnt seen any tournaments so havnt played yet ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 47 UntidyIntent

Afaik they're updating the webpage hence no tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 UntidyIntent

Bit of downtime with Hots coming in methinks :)

Advertisement