Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't use Currys installation service it is a huge scam

Options
  • 09-01-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

I wanted to share with you all a very negative experience i had with Currys....
    I went to buy my new led television for the new house where i am going to live, in shop everything ok so far, except the technical incompetence of the selling assistance, but it is ok, if you go already knowing what you want it is ok...
    then... the nightmare...
    I bought the television the 26/12 and till today no-one came to wall mount the television.... After many fight with incompetent service support agent.... by the way it is not a free number, you have to pay.... I spent almost 50 euro in top-up to don't get an answer, but let's start to tell you the funny part, what happened yesterday, what should have been the day of the installation....:
    we agreed to have the television installed yesterday afternoon between 13.00 and 18.00...
    at 12.30 a very unpolite delivery person, which english was impossible to understand.., call me very angry telling me that i have to be at the house immediately or he wasn't going to wait till 13.00 like agreed...
    I rush as much as I can and arrive at the appoitment
    At that moment the guy just drop my television like was "cr.." and insist me to sign a delivery paper... then my biggest mistake: "sorry but don't you install it?"..... I regret to have never asked something similar.... he just took the television and brought it back to the track insulting me with his colleague... than he told me "I just do delivery i don't care of the other staff...." than I said "ok bring it back"... I was very worried about my television in the hand of this people....
    then the second nightmare... call customer support to understand if someone was coming to install it....
    I just tell you 3 hours on the phone, calling many time, spending 50 euro top up.... and no-one able to tell when the installation was going to happen, I didn't want it to have it on the day, i had already gave up that, but just understand when was going to happen to organize myself since i am not yet living in that house.... nothing.... the CURRYS customer support is the most useless I have never seen... i am a customer support manager I am doing that for living!!!!! If I would have neved done something similar my managers at the time would have kicked my back!!!...

So in the end here my advice to all....
    DON'T BUY FROM CURRYS!!!! I regret it and I will personally don't do it again!!!

(Ah I was forgetting to tell you: the installation servise cost 100 euro and more that you have to pay on top of the television price!!!!!)

I hope my experience can help you in avoid to be stuck in a similar situation like mine...
    Have a nice one!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Why don't you post this on the curry's forum, you'll get an answer from the mthere,

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

I didn't know there was a forum dedicated, thanks for the tips, i will do it right now, I just wanted to inform everyone, since i beleive it is our right to share all the experiences and at least avoid other people get the same threatment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement