Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking science subjects :/

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭niaroh1x96

Crasp wrote: »
    Check out this video on YouTube on how an MRI machine works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aRKAXD4dAg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think you'll find there's plenty of physics in it!

Thanks a lot for that, very very interesting, going to go through all his videos :). So Chemistry and Physics it is :D, thanks everyone for all your help, just one morequestion (if you dont mind:o) is physics used much in pharmacy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

niaroh1x96 wrote: »
    so do you think i would be better off doing biology and physics??, these would probably be my two favourite but everyone is saying chemistry, chemistry, chemistry... :P. also there is a chance that i'd like to do pharmacy, maybe even medicine, so I want to keep my options open and to do this I need chemistry :-/ ....I really dont think I want to do three sciences. soo Physics vs Biology :p...

Also, people are saying that you really need physics for radiography, why is this so?? tbh I thought biology would be more beneficial...

No, definitely stick with chemistry. I found it harder than biology but then I had a terrible teacher for both and biology was much easier to learn by yourself. Chemistry is also a requirement for a few of the medical courses and pharmacy in trinity and UCC.

I don't think its any harm to do something completely outside of science (business in your case) as its a break from the same type of studying all the time. If you're good at it it'll be good for points since you're looking at all high points courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭niaroh1x96

I don't think its any harm to do something completely outside of science (business in your case) as its a break from the same type of studying all the time. If you're good at it it'll be good for points since you're looking at all high points courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Crasp wrote: »
    I also hated plant biology and ecology in biology, no interest in it. So I learned enough to get by and that with learning the human stuff and genetics well got me an A1. Biology is the easiest A1 out of the 3 by far.
    Tbh dude, they're all easy to get an A1 in if you're good at them. Saying biology is the easiest A1 of them all is a matter of personal opinion.

If you want to do 2 sciences then I'd choose physics and chemistry. Biology is handy, but it's probably the easiest to pick up and learn in college, as there are far less concepts that require in-depth 'understanding' to learn (however, this is compensated as the biology course contains far more material than physics and chemistry), whereas with chemistry and physics there are concepts you really must understand to succeed, and it'd be far more beneficial to have the basics of them before you go into college.

EDIT: Oh, I never read page 3 of the thread. >.< Good choice! :D

Advertisement