Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clown Loach Problem

Options
  • 09-01-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hey all, one of my loaches is a bit ill at the moment. He is just swimming at the very top of the tank. He moves around a little bit but then just lays there. Doesnt look like he can swim to the bottom on his own either. Temperature and water levels are all sound in the tank. Looks like it could be bladder problem or something, doesnt look bloated. also didnt see it being bullied by the other loach or any other fish. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

feed him some peas, apparently they are very good for helping with swim bladder problems. (Don't ask me why though, something I've been told)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

you will need to take the shell off the peas before you feed them hope they work :) clown loach need somewhere to hide too like a cave or some rocks to hide in and are more active when the tank is near dark, they are a great fish to tell you how healthy your tank is as they will change from dark black stripes when your tank is going well to grey if there is something wrong ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

He was fine there for the last few days, I got some tablets from the pet shop. Hopefully he'll be alright for a bit now. They have plenty of places to hide, sometimes i can go days without seeing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Another person here for the peas. Nice varied diet keeps them "regular" as well.

Does anyone else notice if their loaches grey out when they're eating?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Senor Willy

Peas are not a cure for Swim bladder problems. They are fed to constipated
    fish. How are the other fish in the tank and what are the tank mates.

What meds have you added to the tank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement