Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warts on dogs?

• 09-01-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Have just noticed what I think is a wart on my dogs muzzle, I'm pretty sure it wasn't there yesterday and we're just back from our morning walk, it's hard to see properly as it's on the skin and covered by his fur but it looks like there's a bit of dried blood on there, I've touched it and it's not painful for him, he's not ill or off his food, of course I googled it and warts round a dogs mouth come up as cancer, naturally (does every ailment googled eventually lead to the word 'cancer'?!). He has had a wart before on his head which I got ointment from the vets for and it cleared it up, I will take him to the vets tomorrow but wondered if anyone had any other ideas what it might be or any experience of dogs with warts? I'm not even sure it is a wart at this stage, could be a cut but there is definitely a lump there. Am trying not to imagine the worse.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Could he have picked up a tick on his morning walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I did think it could have been a tick. On closer inspection by the husband (who isn't squeamish like me) it appears he got a nick/cut and it bled and it was a sort of scab of dried blood. Will keep a close eye over the next day or two anyways, thanks for replying boomerang :)

Advertisement