Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2006 1.9 tdi diesel skoda octavia 90 000 milels v 2003 1.9 skoda octavia 136000mile

• 09-01-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

all other things equal which is the better buy?

the 2003 skoda octavia 1.9 diesel 135,000 miles is €3,000

the 2006 skoda octavia 1.9 diesel 90,000 miles is €7,500

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

The 06 seems better value to me. What bhp are they (105, 110 or 130?). What spec are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭darby1

thanks Cadaliac,

tha 06 is an ambiant, 105 bhp
    and the 03 is a classic but im not sure what bhp it is (i think it could be 100 bhp but not sure)

then i was thinking the 06 would have just missed out on the low tax the 08 versions have i.e €156 compared to €582
    so when the 08 ones become more affordable in a few years time the 06 might be hard to sell then as people might pay the extra bit the to get the more affordable 08 version (as it will be an older car then) to avail of the €156 tax as opposed to getting the older again 06 version for the €582 tax

what do you think

all other things being equal

many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Is this not basically the same question as you already asked about the bora and the octavia.

They are the same car so it depends on condition, spec and personal preference.

Hi nissan doctor

it is! the skoda 2003 won out on the 2004 bora

but someone mentioned a 2006 octavia so was just weighing up which would be the better buy between those two cars!

just trying to decide on the best car to get

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭J77

Financially speaking the 03 could be a better deal. The old 1.9tdi VAG engines are pretty robust I believe. You probably stand to lose more in depreciation with the 06 even if you depreciate the 03 to €0. Depends how long you're keeping the car for though.

• Advertisement

That'g great J77

thank you, yes I think ill go for the 2003 skoda

many thanks :)

Advertisement