Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant find dm800 on network

• 09-01-2011 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

I updated to the latest dream elite image last night and have been settin it up to my likings today,

Everything is working fine so far, i can connect to dcc and all my shares and servers are all working fine.

the only problem is before on the older version I was able to open up my network on my pc and find the dm 800 listed in the network devices, but now I cannot find this,

I may have turned off some setting, I have both use interface and use DHCP enabled.

Any Ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

Possibly a samba server needs to be enabled/installed on the dm800 side. Without it, it won't show up on the network.

entering \\ip_of_dm800 into an explorer window on one of your PCs will quickly confirm if a samba server is running on the dm800

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

when i enter the ip in my browser i can see the dream elite web browser/ interface thing on my pc.

Still cant see the dm800 on my network,

Not really a big problem, I will revert back to my old image tonight just to see if it makes a difference,

Thanks anyway,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

You need to enter the ip address with the two back slashes as these indicate a windows share path. The ip alone will cause a HTTP connection which us what you got.

Advertisement