Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleigh Bells

Options
  • 09-01-2011 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

So, anyone going to see Sleigh Bells in Whelans next month? I was going to pop along but have heard they only play a 35min set so not so sure now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I've been dying to see them live. Thanks for posting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Yeah, it may be short but I'd say it will be one hell of a 35 minute set. Maybe they'll have some new songs & it'll be longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Yep.. only got listening to them about a month ago.. should be good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Saw them in May at Primavera - Go see them! They play for about 45 - 1 hour as far as I can remember. I would say they have a bit more material now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gleeson90

Any1 know what song Sleigh Bells played before coming on stage on Friday night at Whelan's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

It was short gig, but we all expected that. Excellent nonetheless. Did anyone else notice an unfamiliar track in the middle of the set? I didn't recognise it from the album.

66613098.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jshadows

the song in the middle was called Holly, its from there 1st E.P

i took some vids if ye wana look
    heres the intro, its abit messy ha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI26itOWOTs

It was a short but sweet gig. I didn't think much of Kid Karate but the main act were on not too long after. I'm glad I brought ear plugs. Rill Rill at the end of the main set followed by an encore of Tell 'Em and Crown on the Ground was a nice way to end up the show. I also got Alexis' autograph on my ticket after the show.

It was a deadly gig but the crowd were CRAP!! This 1 girl kept on shoving me in the back, like naggingly, to stop me from jumping up and down...made it to the front by the end though! Excellent!!

It was sold out and the place was jammed so a bit of shoving is inevitable. That's all part of sold out, intimiate gigs.

• Advertisement

Ah no I know shoving is expected, sure I was shoving like mad! But, the girl kept on pushing me to get me to stop jumping in front of her and keep me away from her, douche!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Looks like the same setlist as usual from them then?

Had to urge to see them on this tour but kind of glad I didn't now. Will wait until they've some new material and a longer set list.

Advertisement