Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aloe Vera Plants

Options
  • 09-01-2011 3:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea if these plants can be grown in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Only indoors :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

what about in a polytunnel or a greenhouse?

A friend tried one in her polly tunnell and now has a lovely goey brown mess so I wouldn't reccomend it, its just too tender , have mine on kitchen window sill and happy as larry:)

class. did you buy the seeds or plant or what?

Have never herd of them being grown from seeds , mine is a division of a division, so if you know of some one who has one rob a bit :D once you have one in no time you will have loads of them, a garden centre should have them with the indoor plants.

• Advertisement

Have never herd of them being grown from seeds , mine is a division of a division, so if you know of some one who has one rob a bit :D once you have one in no time you will have loads of them, a garden centre should have them with the indoor plants.

nice one, i was thinking of making a plantation of them :D
    have you ever tried eating the gel or using it 4 any purpose?

I have never eaten it, I use it for burns, cuts, bites, sunburn(as if:D) any skin complaints , its great stuff very soothing . cant imagine it tastes of much, have seen a drink of it in health food shops.

I have never eaten it, I use it for burns, cuts, bites, sunburn(as if:D) any skin complaints , its great stuff very soothing . cant imagine it tastes of much, have seen a drink of it in health food shops.

heard it was fantastic stuff to drink. suppose to work miracles. google the nutritional content. its amazing stuff

thanks for the advice mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

paky wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea if these plants can be grown in ireland?

I have mine in my porch which would be cold but not as cold as outside, it has flourished there.
    paky wrote: »
    have you ever tried eating the gel or using it 4 any purpose?

I feed the new side shoots to my tortoise who loves them but have never tried eating them myself. I have occasionally wiped the gel on a burn and it has worked at soothing it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement